Chapter 2

And was greeted by a mixed stares. Some were sympathetic, others looked like they'd found another meal for the day. Some boys and few girls, much to her pride, were checking her out.

She may have had a bad year, but she was a girl of beauty.

At a passing glance, one might think her eyes blue or gray, perhaps even green, depending on the color of her clothing. Up close, though, these warring hues were offset by the brilliant ring of gold around her pupils. But it was her golden hair that caught the attention of the most, that still maintained it's glory, after months of hell. In short, Celaena Sardothien was blessed with handful of attractive features that compensated for majority of average ones; and, by early adolescence, she'd discovered that with the help of cosmetics, these average features could easily match the extraordinary assets.

But it seems her glory was short-lived as a basketball was thrown in her face that would have hit her if not for her fast assassin's reflexes.

No. She was beyond that.

No more underground life.

No more life after dark.

No more blood and gore and underworld.

“That got to be the first time you've missed someone's face, Lorcan. That too a girl.” A dark skinned guy spoke up. Celaena felt as if she was struck. He was the most beautiful man she had ever seen. If that was not enough, he was standing next to his equally handsome twin, white to his black.

They were 6 boys, definitely senior. All muscled jocks. Arrogance literally oozed out of them as they leaned aginst the blue lockers. 3 of them smirking, 1 giving a genuine smile, 1 giving an expressionless look and last one looking down at her coldly. She felt a shiver going down her spine as she stared in his dark orbs.

Celaena guessed this was Lorcan.

All the chatter and noise around her stopped, all the students looked from her to the conceited cadre, not even trying to hide that they were silently sipping their teas and waiting for drama.

Great. She somehow pissed the jocks on the first day itself. So much for being hidden. Normally, she lived for this stuff. But with everything that had happened, she just wanted to stay off the radar for a while. She didn't even have Aedion, Lysandra or Elide with her now. Or him.

My name is Celaena Sardothein and I will not be afraid.

She let out a breath and passed the ball back to Lorcan, straight in his chest.

“I believe this is yours.”

“I believe you are new.” The gentle smiling guy spoke up, clasping a hand on Lorcan's shoulder as he looked like he was about to charge.

Celaena nodded, feeling the eyes of everyone around her. For the first time in her life, she wanted to be unnoticeable and look at her now. She might as well have entered with a marching band.

The sound of basketball being dropped echoed in the silent corridor, followed by heavy footsteps and a looming presence above her.

Lorcan locked eyes with her, smirking. She just looked at him, cocking her head to one side. Dryly, almost mockingly. She might be upset but she won't bend down.

She heard someone suck a breath and mutter something.

“Careful-” Lorcan was cutoff by 2 boys stepping in front. One was black haired while another had close cropped brown hair.

“Bullying and ragging are against school policy, people.” The black haired one said, playfulness laced in his voice.

“We're not bullying or ragging. We were just introducing us to the new girl.” The one who looked like their leader, said. He had a bird tattoo on his neck.

The new entries turned to her, raising an eyebrow at her.

“I am Dorian Havilliard and this is my friend Chaol Westfall.” He said, sapphire eyes twinkling as he shook her hand,a little longer than considered casual. The brown eyed male, Chaol just nodded at her, skepticism written on his face.

“Celaena Sardothein.”

He turned towards the jock who were focused on holding Lorcan back, she noticed with no less amusement.

“That's how you do introductions. It's that easy.” The crowd began to disperse, sensing the end of drama.

“Stay away from what doesn't involve you.” Lorcan looked at Dorian and with the way Chaol stiffened, she wondered if he'd kill Lorcan before she would have the need to.

“Stay away from pretty girls and I would not have the need to interfere.” Chaol rolled his eyes, mirroring her expression. She gave him a smile which he didn't return. Rude.

A bell went off, the ringing indicating commencing of classes.

“Now if you'll excuse us, we have a headmaster to meet and classes to attend.” Dorian said, taking her hand lightly, and leading the way, Chaol following closely.

Blue eyes, dark hair and a sureshort flirt. The girls in Terrassen Prep were not wrong about the head boy of Adarlan High. And headmaster's son.

The hairs on the back of her neck stood and she turned, feeling a burning stare of someone. It was the stoic mannequin of the cadre. He was looking at her, face completely devoid of any expression but it made her nervous. Perhaps it was the tattoo near his ear, contrasting with the dyed white hair that made him look that intimidating. She broke the eye contact and followed Dorian and Chaol.

This school had a hell lot of good looking guys. She could easily move on. Lysandra had said she could. She would. She just needed some time.

***

The white haired male watched the new girl leave with the womanizer and teacher's pet.

“Rowan, are you coming?” Fenrys called out, winking at a girl passing by. When she turned, blushing red as tomato, he winked at her boyfriend too. Typical.

“Yep.”

Rowan walked behind them, pulling an adrift Connall staring beyond him. He looked at him questioningly, who just shook is head, eyes now on his twin. It's alright. Connall would tell someone in the group what's bothering him.

As they all went to their first class, Rowan could not shake away the lost look in that girl's turquoise eyes.

And that he'd seen them somewhere.

////////

AUTHOR'S NOTE

I hope you guys are liking it so far. It's my first Throne of Glass fanfiction and I thought why not.

I have a question.

What ship you want me to make in this story?

Dorian×Celaena
Chaol×Celaena
Rowan×Celaena