Ivar - Vantablack

I'm sorry I haven't put anything up in a while, I've been rather busy.

Hope you all enjoy!
-

"I'll be back soon dearest, I promise." Ivar whispers into your temple as you stand with him on the dock. The feeling of his cold lips on your temple is refreshing compared to the harsh wind that pushes against your skin.

"I've left you 2 of my best men to stay by your side Incase something is to go wrong." He quickly mutters before squeezing your hand and giving you one of his rare smiles.

" He quickly mutters before squeezing your hand and giving you one of his rare smiles

"I'll be fine my love, come back to me in one piece though." You laugh a little, giving him a parting kiss and letting him head to the boat.

You wave to him and then quickly head back to your home, the two men he spoke of following you as you do so.

They escort you to your chambers and then stop as you enter the room, closing the door behind you.

Ivar didn't lie about them being the best men, you've seen them follow Ivar around as well. He really did give you his best men to protect you. To protect his wife.

-Time Skip-

4 weeks were about to pass tomorrow and you missed Ivar greatly. Your new "body guards" hardly spoke to you and just followed you around.

You had your daily duties of being Queen, dealing with issues between people and making sure your people are safe.

Today was no different, you got up and with the help of a few chamber maids got fully dressed in a red long sleeved dress, with cross designs around the sleeves with wolf furs draped over your shoulders. A few necklaces and a horn also were on you as well.

Your hair was braided loosely and framed your face perfectly

Your hair was braided loosely and framed your face perfectly. As you walked outside, guards following, snow started to lightly fall from the sky.

You breathe out softly and as soon as you turn to walk a little girl runs up to you.

"Oh, you look so beautiful your majesty! I'm sorry to cause trouble but I was wondering if I could talk to you for a moment?" The little girl questions and you see her mother run over to the two of you.

"Your majesty! I'm so sorry, she knows not what she says. Come Astrid, leave her in peace." The woman breathes out, rather embarrassed.

You get down one knee and whisper to the girl.

"Don't mind your mother little one, I cannot talk now but here, have this." You smile as you pull off one of your necklaces and place it in the little girls hand.

"Keep good care of this, it was a gift from Freyja herself." You whisper again and the girl smiles and runs back to her mother. Your men help you up and the woman smiles at you before leading the girl away.

The air seemed to still as a man screamed out the words you so feared.

"Attack!"

The men behind you both quickly grabbed your arms and led you home as people ran around you screaming.

Fighters grabbed their weapons preparing to fight back as an unfamiliar group of ships were coming closer to shore.

"No, I must protect my people!" You fight back and they keep their grip on you.

"And we must protect you! By order of the king and your husband." One of the men spoke and rushed you inside before you could utter a rely.

You were never a big fighter but you could protect yourself, Ivar made sure of it.

So you waited, people screamed orders outside and you sat with the two men and your maids around you.

A few of them gathers fire wood and others stayed by your side, making sure you were alright.

Then a banging on the door made you and all your maids jump as people moved in front of you. One of your most trusted chamber maids held onto your hand tightly as you tried to see who was going to enter.

Both the men guarding you drew their swords as a few of the maids aimed bows at the door.

Ivar always made sure to have the people who served you be trained in combat, he cared almost too much for you some times.

Flakes of wood started chipping off the door as it quickly caved in and a rather tall blonde haired man stood there, blood staining his beard.

"I don't wish to kill anymore of your people but you must come with me." The man states rather kindly compare to his appearance.

It then clicked, you knew exactly who this man was and why he was here.

"Are you that low as to attack when my husband isn't here, or would you rather me say your brother?" You almost laugh.

"Do not call that man my brother, he has no family anymore." Bjorn hisses, "but as I said before, you are coming with me, or else everyone here dies and we drag you out."

The men in front of you snarl a little and grip their swords, waiting for someone to move.

The sound of a door opening and heavy footsteps make you turn your head as a voice booms through the open dinning hall.

"I'd love to see you try dear brother, but I'm going to have to pass you up on that offer."

- To be continued -