Hvitserk - Kill Me First

Enjoy my loves!

-

The cheers of the other vikings brings a smile to Hvitserks face as they all celebrate in the main hall together, happy about another successful raid. Something was gnawing at the back of his head though, he just couldn't figure out what it was.

Nevertheless he brushed the thought away throughout the night, celebrating with his brothers and the other men. They had been gone for around 3 weeks now and they couldn't be happier to be home finally.

Home.

Shit.

He sat there, mid bite into his food when the daunting realization of what he had done, or forgotten to do, hit him.

Hvitserk forgot to go see you. How could he of forgotten something so simple. It had been hours since they arrived and he knew you were probably sitting in your shared cabin, waiting for him to walk into the door so you could yell at him. He shuddered at the idea and quickly went over to grab one of his brothers.

"Hvitserk! Come, you must go see her." Ubbe chastised to Hvitserk and he hung his head low, allowing Ubbe to pull him through the crowd, catching an odd stare from Ivar.

"What's wrong brothers? Off to go sneak a kiss." Ivar muses and earns a glare from Hvitserk.

"No, this fool forgot to go see his wife." Ubbe cuts in and Ivar stares at his brothers for a moment, a smile coming to his face before he laughs and sips from his nearby drink.

" Ubbe cuts in and Ivar stares at his brothers for a moment, a smile coming to his face before he laughs and sips from his nearby drink

"Well then, hurry along. Sigurd is outside. Bring him along in case  your wife murders you." Ivar smirks, still laughing slightly at Hvitserks simple mistake. Ubbe just nods and pulls Hvitserk out of the hall, not caring for any complaints that his younger brother had for him.

Ubbe spots Sigurd and yells for him to come walk with them. His right grip on Hvitserks wrists dropping as their brother walks over, a cocky smirk on the blondes face.

"Ah Ubbe, Hvitserk." He nods, "What's the issue?" He asks, not really caring very much but it seemed more interesting then what the woman from before was talking to him about.

"Our brother here, has forgotten all about his wife while away on our raid. Even forgetting to come in and see her once we landed." Ubbe smirks and Sigurd just laughs. "We're bringing him in case y/n tries to kill him and who knows, maybe we won't stop her." Ubbe grins earning a scoff from Hvitserk who walks in front of them, moving a little faster than his brothers.

Once he spots the cabin his heart speeds up a little, nervous of what was to come. He played with the edge of shirt and bit his lip a little, watching as the door flung open.

Out you walked, a rather anger look plastered onto your normally cheerful exterior. "Hvitserk Ragnarson! I'm going to kill you!" You scream and lift up the bottom of your dress as you start to quickly walk towards him.

His eyes widen and he immediately turns around, speed walking away until his brothers chests stop him.

"She going to kill you little brother?" Ubbe smirks and chuckles as you quickly catch up.

"My love," Hvitserk weakly smiles as he turns on his heel to look at you, "I've been looking for you all over." He lies, making his brothers stifle a laugh.

"Oh shut up you prick, I'm going to gut you. I'll ring you dry and hang you up with the meat." You hiss and plow into the man at full force, sitting yourself on his lap as he falls.

Both his brothers stand there a little shocked, Sigurd looking between both of you and Ubbe, not really sure what to do.

You whip out a dagger from under the skirt of your dress and press it to the man's neck. He simply grunts and puts his head back, exposing his neck more to you.

"You get me pregnant, then leave for three weeks and can't even have the audacity to come and see your wife once you return home! I should cut your throat right here for being so ignorant!" You scream, spitting on his face a little.

Hvitserk sits there, eyes wide as he looks into your furious ones. "You're...you're carrying my child?" He asks weakly, his voice cracking in the process.

Your grip on the dagger loosens as you pull it away from his neck and slump back. Both of his brothers already gone after you started screaming.

"I'm carrying your child, and you can't even come to see me. Do you not care about me enough after being away for so long?" You sniffle and Hvitserk sits up, holding onto your waist as your eyes look down at your hands.

"No..no that isn't it my love. I simply was distracted and forgot to come by. I had no clue about this wonderful news. If I had known I would of swam back here all on my own to come see you." He smiles warmly and wraps his arms around you.

"First to be married and first to have a child. You really are a gift from the Gods y/n." He weakly laughs and you sniffle into his shoulder as you wrap your arms around him and grip his shirt.

"I could never kill you, no matter how dull you can be sometimes." You laugh and press a kiss to his lips, earning a chuckle from the man as you pulled away and got off him, offering your hand to him.

He takes it and stands up, brushing some dirt off himself before looking down at you. He offers his hand to you now and you take it. Lacing your fingers in between his rough ones.

"We will have the most beautiful child in all of Kattegat, I can guarantee you that my love." Hvitserk smiles as you both start walking back to the cabin.

"I will send for a chamber maid to keep watch over you and care for any of your needs. Nothing will be missed." He instructs and you smile at the man as he opens the door for your and helps you down to a chair by the fire.

He leans down and presses a kiss to your forehead as he walks over to the bed and stars at you, his eyes starting to drift close.

You simply sit there and start weaving and knitting clothing for soon to come child, smiling to yourself as a faint snore makes itself present in the room.

You didn't think you could be happier in a time like this, the fear of childbirth didn't concern you. All that mattered was you and Hvitserk and the new future that was being planned ahead for you both.