Ubbe - Amour Interdit

Amour Interdit- Forbidden love

Enjoy my loves!

-

The air felt cool against your face as you stared out an open window from the castle you lived in. You were the daughter of the Queens best friend, so you lived there with her.

The Queens husband, Rollo, had become very close with you and would take you out hunting with him, despite her complaints. He always brushed her off, stating you could care for yourself.

When you first arrived to the castle, you were still learning basic communication and Rollo would teach you of his home country and tell you stories of him and his brother.

Eventually you got him to tell you of his old gods, beliefs and their practices. Which in turn, turned into him teaching you how to fight.

Today though, his nephew was supposed to be arriving to talk with him. You knew little about him besides his name, Ubbe.

As you were eager to meet the man, your mother told you to stay away and keep up in your room or around the city. Which is where you sat now, watching as the Vikings boat undocked and a few of the men began making their way in.

You headed to the door of your room and quietly opened it, slipping out and running down a small flight of steps. Thankfully, you were wearing one of your hunting dresses, meaning it wasn't as extravagant and looked a little worn down.

 Thankfully, you were wearing one of your hunting dresses, meaning it wasn't as extravagant and looked a little worn down

Rollo had it made for you, so you wouldn't destroy another dress from pulling your arm back while drawing your bow.

You prayed this would keep you unnoticed, though it did slightly resemble a dress one of the woman from his homeland would wear.

Never the less, as you slipped down to the main hall, no one seemed to see you. You watched as who you could only assume was Ubbe walked up to Rollo and hugged him, patting him on the back.

A few of the men who came with him seemed to wrinkle their nose at the place. Along with the idea of their once ruthless Kings brother ruling the place.

You watched them talk for about 30 minutes before it became rather dull and you decided to leave from the small corridor next to the main hall. Instead of listening to boring politics of his people, you went out on a hunt, on your own, which wasn't really allowed.

As you were out hunting, your mother was frantically looking for you inside. Running around the castle and even though she wished to not interrupt Rollo, she figured he would have an idea of where you were.

"Rollo! I don't mean to disturb your meeting but have you seen y/n anywhere?!" She barged in and all the men looked at her.

"I thought you told her to stay up in her room until the talks were over. Did you check out by the stables or the library?" Rollo asks quickly.