Ivar - Empty Chairs at Empty Tables

This is vaguely inspired off of Les Misérables, particularly the scene where Eddie Redmaynes character returns to the defeated barricade and sings "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables".

The song is also included in this one if you wanna listen to it. I'll tell you when to play it in the story though.

Enjoy my loves!

-

A heated battle that took life after life finally ended not moments ago.

Of course you had been dragged away once you were injured but you had no clue who had done so. All you knew was that everyone you knew was dead.

You lost the battle and couldn't even stand with your friends when their time had come, it broke your heart that they died, but you knew they did so with pride.

It's all you can think about as you were dragged into a dark room, your arm in a sling and a walking stick in your free hand to help with your leg.

'Why are they being so kind to me, they were trying to kill me not moments ago' you think to yourself as you see a man sitting by a desk.

He only looked up at you and the man helping you walk before looking back down at his work and the other man ushers you away.

They walk you out to a small carriage and help you in. "Where are you taking me?" You ask desperately but the man doesn't respond as he gets behind the horse and starts moving the carriage.

You sit there for hours, watching as trees pass you by and the occasional person or animal. Your eyes start to get the better of you as they start to close, you were weakened and needed rest. Somehow you felt safe enough to do so.

Just as you were about to finally fall asleep, the carriage made a hard stop and you jerk your head up looking around. The man from before has his hand out to help you down and you take it with your free hand. He holds you up as he grabs your stick and helps you walk around.

"I'm Hvitserk by the way." The man mutters softly and you look over at him.

"Where are you taking me Hvi-" you start and then familiar buildings start popping up and your heart sinks.

"Why am I here?" You ask lowly and the man shrugs.

"My brother requested I bring you here, he is waiting in the main hall." Hvitserk states, sounding upset for doing as he was asked.

You nod and walk over to the hall, Hvitserk makes his way back to the carriage as you do so.

You push open the doors and take a hard breath as you look at a few turned over tables and broken chairs. The once glorious hall now laid grim and bleak.

Tapestries laid torn on the ground along with plates that were smashed and many items of furniture broken.

-play the song-

You feel a tear fall down your face as memories flood you, singing, dancing, cheering. Things that would never happen again in this hall.

 Things that would never happen again in this hall