Hvitserk - Lingering Hands

Abuse warning!

Enjoy my loves!

-

Hvitserk and yourself had grown up together, the two of you were inseparable. That being said, he was extremely protective over you.

A guy looked at you the wrong way, he started an argument. A guy talked about you in the wrong way, an argument and a fight started. And may the Gods of helped if someone put their hands on you and he found out.

It wasn't a quality you particularly enjoyed from him, but you knew it was only because he cared, even if you could take care of yourself. One of the big perks of being such good friends with Hvitserk meant that you got to train with both him and his brothers.

To say you were an amazing fighter would be a major understatement, you had bested each of Hvitserks brothers, including him. It was something you always managed to bring up if Hvitserk had an attitude and it managed to shut him up surprisingly well.

Even though you were so close, nothing had ever happened between the two of you. So your father believed you both had no feelings for one another and hence married you off to a prince of another kingdom.

Sounds great, right?

You lose your best friend, the only home you've ever had, and get to marry some guy you've never even met all in one go.

Your father told you this as you were eating in the great hall with Hvitserk and Bjorn and if looks could kill, your father would of been on the floor dead in a second.

"What do you mean you've married me off!?" You yell, slamming your knife down into the table as you stand up. Your hands stay firmly placed on the table as you almost lean your weight into it.

"You heard me girl, now pack your things, we leave tomorrow." He snaps back and then just leaves.

"Are you fucking serious?" You whisper to yourself as you slump back down in your chair and grab the front of your head.

"It will be okay, your father is a good man. I am sure he has promised you to a great warrior." Hvitserk smiles weakly, trying his best to make light of the situation.

"Yes, I'm sure he is a great man who you will fight alongside." Bjorn chimes in, a weak smile adorning his face as well before he rises from his chair and helps you leave the hall.

That was the last time you got to talk to Hvitserk and Bjorn and it hurt you greatly that you had to leave them without a proper goodbye.

You traveled a great distance with your father to meet your new husband, praying that what Hvitserk and Bjorn has said we're right.

Once you arrived to this new kingdom, you were welcomed with open arms and plenty of gifts, before your new husband decided to finally gift you with his presence.

He was an arrogant fool, you could tell just by looking at him. He only cared for his looks and strength, if Hvitserk could see you now he would of beat the man himself.

But nevertheless you married him without further complaints. You became his princess who only stayed in the kingdom and was not supposed to raise a sword in defense, as Erik stated himself "No woman needs to fight when she has men to do it for her."

He was an angry man on top of that, finding ways to take his anger out on you was a past time for him. You could of stopped him, but you were sure your fathers head would be on a spike if you did, so you let it happen.

Bruises adorned your skin constantly, clothing hid it though, along with jewelry and other accessories.

The longer you were stuck with him, the more you thought of Hvitserk and what he was doing. You prayed constantly to see him again, even if it was just for a minute.