In Praise of Bacchus

Saturday morning rolled around and I woke up extremely eager to see Peter. All week Kat and I have been talking about the party and what we're going to wear and how nervous she was to meet Josh.

"I hope Josh will like me, I'll be damned if my nervous blubbering ruins any chances with him." Kat sighs as she applies her makeup.

"You'll do fine." I reassure her with a smile.

--

Its nearing 5 pm and Peter had said that he would come to pick us up at 5:30. Already the nervous jitters are starting as I twiddle my thumbs around while staring blankly into space.

Kat gives me a small playful nudge, bringing me out of my brief daze.

"And I thought I was the nervous one." She says with a laugh.

I smile at her and take a deep breath. "You have no idea." I said quietly.

"No need for you to feel nervous." Kat states. "You look uber hot, you'll have Peter on his knees when he sees you."

I guess it was true. The outfit I was wearing today was far more risky than usual.

I was wearing a tight black leather dress that hugged my body in all the right places. The dress ended just above the mid-thigh and it had an off the shoulder sweetheart neckline [pictured below]. Underneath the dress I decided to do something different, instead of wearing regular fishnets, I was wearing thigh high fishnets with a lace trimming paired with black stiletto pumps.

My hair was left down and straight

My hair was left down and straight. Kat insisted she up the ante with my makeup and give me a black smokey eye look paired with a black lip. I absolutely love what she did with the makeup, it made me feel so confident, even though my nerves still got the best of me at times.

A honk blaring from outside the window shook me from my thought. Kat looked out the window and practically shrieked.

"Josh is out there with Peter!" She exclaimed with glee. I followed her gaze and peeked my head out the window seeing Josh and Peter lay against the side of the car. I bit my lip softly, that feeling is making itself known again.

Kat and I rush down stairs- carefully because were both wearing very high heels. Before opening the front door we check ourselves in the hallway mirror.

I open the door and link arms with Kat, guiding her to the car, she is getting more nervous by the second.

Peter turned to look at me once we got closer. I don't know what it was, but as soon as he saw me he seemed to have tensed up a bit and his eyes roamed hungrily over my body.

Kat squeezed my arm and I looked at her to see her in complete awe.

"Y/n." Peter said almost too softly. "You look incredible."

I could feel myself blushing already. "Thank you." I replied.

From behind Peter I could hear Josh clearing his throat. Peter turned to Josh and gave a small apologetic smile.