September Sun

Two Months Later

It's been two months since that night with Peter. Ever since then I've grown more confident and comfortable in my own skin, and I've grown quite fond of New York life and the goth scene.

The last moments of summer are fleeting away from me as I get ready to start school tomorrow. Not that I want to anymore anyway, but I feel like I should at least try. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't really get into any other college with the schooling I had growing up.

I let out a sigh and ploped down onto my bed, clutching the teddy bear that Peter won for me at Coney Island. Instantly, the memories of this summer flooded back into my mind. I still couldn't believe that it had all happened. That I had experienced so many incredible things over the course of a few months than I had in my whole life. It amazes me, that Peter chose me out of all people.

This summer changed my life, he changed my life for the better. My lips turn up into a smile at the thought of Peter.

Peter.

The name makes my heart flutter and my cheeks warm up.

I know I don't deserve him one bit, but I am eternally grateful that I have him. He's taught me so much about life, and love, and even about myself. I don't think I would've ever known real love if it wasn't for him.

I lay there on my bed reminiscing about this summer when a knock on my door brings me out of my thoughts.

I look up to see Kat standing in the door way with a small smile. "Hey." She begins, walking towards my bed and sitting next to me. "You ready to start school tomorrow?"

I let out a sigh. "As ready as I'll ever be, I guess." I fiddle with the ears of the teddy bear when Kat laid back next to me.

"Me too." She said, sorrow filling her voice. "I wish the summer lasted a bit longer, it went by so fast it seems."

We lay there in silence for a few moments before Kat spoke up again. "Maybe I should wear something super skimpy so they can kick me out."

"Why bother? They'll probably give you some long lecture about how 'inappropriate it is for young ladies to show off their dirty pillows and ankles." I say with a high pitched granny voice.

Kat and I break out in a fit of laughter.

"Are you seeing Peter tonight?" She asks, calming down from her laughing fit.

"Yeah, he wants to go out for dinner tonight. Are you seeing Josh today?" I ask.

Kat smiles. "Yeah, he wants to have a movie night." She gushed. "He said that he has a surprise for me, which practically has me dying inside because he wouldn't give any hints as to what it is."

"Whatever it is, I bet it'll be great." I reply with a smile.

--

It was nearing 6:30 p.m. when I heard a car horn blare from outside of my window. I look out to see Peter wave to be with a grin plastered on his face.

I quickly grabbed my bag and rushed out of the door and downstairs.

Once I exited the building I ran out and jumped into Peter's arms.

"Y/n!" He says with glee, spinning me around.

"Hello." I say with a smile before kissing his cheek.

"Ready for our date?" He asked.

"Yes!" I exclaimed as I got into the car.

--