[7.] Between The Devil and the Deep Sea

Mikaelson Compound

Corinne, wearing a long sleeve sweater shirt and mesh shorts, along with house slippers, is in the kitchen, eating a grill cheese sandwich with Charlotte. Klaus walks to them, wrapping his arms around Corinne. She and Klaus exchange small smiles at each other as he kisses her cheek.

Elijah (VO) ... All I ever wanted for my brother, Niklaus, was to have happiness. Corinne and Charlotte are his happiness. They're his humanity.

Charlotte smiles as Klaus kisses her forehead.

Elijah (VO) ... They are Niklaus's redemption. He has changed. They have changed him.

~*~*~

{Corrine's Outfit} Minutes after, I'm sitting on the sofa with Hayley in the courtyard

{Corrine's Outfit} Minutes after, I'm sitting on the sofa with Hayley in the courtyard. Klaus and Elijah are sitting in sofa chairs. Marcel is leaning against the table. Charlotte is with Lisina at the Bayou.

"Although, Greta is dead. Her vampires are still out there.", Vincent tells us. "You want a plan of attack. We can use the element of surprise. We can catch Greta's vampires off-guard and then, surprise them with sneak attacks"

I look at Klaus and I could tell that he didn't trust Vincent. I trust him. In order for us to protect our family and each other, we have to.

"Sneak attacks?", Klaus says, a little agitated. "We're planning to take out Greta's vampires and you suggest we surprise them with sneak attacks?"

"Klaus", I say to him. He looks at me. "Let Vincent help, please"

"My sentimental wife", he says to me.

"Vincent, you were saying", I say to him with a small smile.

He nods. "We need to figure out how to handle Greta's vampires"

"Greta said she has resources", I say to him. "Maybe, she was talking about her vampires."

"She had a photo of Klaus and Corinne", Hayley added.

Klaus looks at me and Hayley. "How did she get it?"

"We don't know", Hayley says. "What we do know, is that Greta's vampires won't back down from a fight"

"And neither will we", Elijah says.

Klaus gets up with an agitated look. "Elijah and I will handle Greta's vampires, Corrine will remain here with Charlotte"

I look at him. "Klaus"

"I almost lost you and I'm not gonna lose you again", Klaus says to me.

Hayley and I exchange glances at each other. I could tell that Klaus is worried about me.

~*~*~

I'm in Klaus's room, which I share with him. I'm sitting on the ottoman as Klaus walks in.