[9.] There In The Disappearing Light

Mikaelson Compound

Corrine is sitting on the ottoman in the room she shares with Klaus. She looks at the picture frame of her and Klaus at their wedding. She takes the picture frame in her hands, glares at it as Tyler's words echoed in her head.

"You needed to know what kind of a man Klaus is"

Upset, Corrine slings the picture frame at the floor, smashing it. And now, she can't help to think that Klaus proposed to her out of fear of losing her.

~*~*~

{Corrine's Outfit} I'm sitting in the study, on the sofa, sipping a glass of bourbon

"Corrine?", Rebekah says, walking into the study. "Are you okay?"

"Not really", I say to her, without glaring at her.

"I didn't know you drink bourbon", she says, sitting down with me.

"Trying something new", I say to her, taking a sip from my bourbon.

"I'm figuring out that it's something to do with Klaus", Rebekah says.

"My best friend, Tyler Lockwood, told me about him. Who he was while he was Mystic Falls. He hurt my best friends by threatening them, Rebekah", I tell her in a gloomy tone. "He wasn't a monster to me"

"And now, you're not sure whether or not to see Klaus as your husband or as the monster that people fear", Rebekah says in a understanding tone.

"I will always see him as Charlotte's father", I say to her. "As my husband, I just don't know"

Rebekah takes the half-empty glass of bourbon out of my hand. "You and Klaus love each other, and I'm pretty sure that you and my brother will reconcile"

I smile a small smile at Rebekah. I look at her as she drinks the rest of my bourbon.

"Rebekah", I say to her.

"What? I like bourbon and you stick to bottle of beer", she says to me with a small smile.

I smile a little as I see Klaus walk in the study. He and I exchange glances at each other.

"I'll see you later, Rebekah", I say to her, getting up and walking out of the study, walking pass Klaus.

Klaus and Rebekah exchange concern glances at each other.

~*~*~

Charlotte is wearing her pajamas as she's rampaging through her clothes in her drawer.

"Charlotte", Henry Benoit says from outside of her balcony window.

Charlotte looks at Henry and is bewildered to see him. "Henry?"