[17.] Gather Up The Killers

Mikaelson Compound

The next morning. Klaus and Corinne are laying in their bed, under the covers. Corinne, wearing a tank top and mesh shorts, is asleep and Klaus is sitting behind her. He didn't want Corrine to become the Mikaelson's hero. Yes, he's grateful to her that she saved him from his nightmare and binding her vampire side so Hayley would remain a hybrid. He didn't want Corrine to fight his battles for him.

So, instead, Klaus is gonna take matters into his hands.

~*~*~

Corrine's POV

I slightly move in Klaus's and I's bed as I notice Klaus is packing my gym bag and travel canvas bag, (Rebekah got it for me).

I sit up straight. "Klaus, what-what are you doing?"

"You and Charlotte are leaving the French Quarter", Klaus says, taking my clothes out of the drawer and putting them neatly in my travel canvas bag. (My gym bag is already packed).

"Leaving the French Quarter?", I ask him confusingly, getting out of bed and walking to him. "For what?"

As he's done packing, he puts my travel canvas bag on the table, beside my gym bag. "There's a safe-house in Arkansas. Take my car", Klaus says to me.

"Klaus", I say to him, figuring out why he wants me and Charlotte to leave the French Quarter. "You're gonna go off the rails aren't you?"

He glares at me with a concern look. I cup his face with my hands.

"Klaus, let me fight along with you", I say to him.

"So, you can be the Mikaelson hero", he says to me with a small smile. "Absolutely not. Our daughter needs you"

"I need you", I tell him with a small smile.

He smiles a little and he kisses my forehead. He grabs my gym bag and travel canvas bag and walks out.

I look concerned. Whatever Klaus has up his sleeve. He doesn't want Charlotte or me around.

~*~*~

{Corrine's Outfit} I walk downstairs to see Charlotte sitting on the sofa with her backpack

{Corrine's Outfit} I walk downstairs to see Charlotte sitting on the sofa with her backpack. We exchange concern glances at each other.

"Hi, sweetie", I say to her with a smile, sitting beside her.

"Hi, Mommy", she says to me. "Is Daddy gonna be mean while we're away?"