[13.] A Spirit That Won't Be Broken

Mikaelson Compound

Hayley walked into the courtyard, seeing caterers carrying decorations and balloons. She looks at Klaus, who's leaning against the railing of the second floor foyer, smiles at her.

"Are we having a party?", Hayley asked him.

"One that will be attended by New Orleans most influential creatures", Klaus told her.

"You do realize that everyone hates you", Hayley told him.

"They love parties. And tonight, we will celebrate our truce", Klaus says to her.

"So, you're having a fake party to draw out any enemies that we may have", Hayley says to him.

"On the contrary", Klaus says, walking down the stairs.

"Have fun with that", Hayley says to him. "Charlotte's with Jackson and Lisina at the Bayou"

"Where's Corrine?", Klaus asked her, walking to the modern bar counter, pouring himself a glass of bourbon. "I'm pretty sure she has some heroic plan up her sleeve in order to save me"

"Save you? From what?", Hayley asked him confusingly.

"I had a nightmare about my dead father", Klaus tells her, taking a sip from his glass of bourbon. Hayley looks at him, shockingly. "And Cori has been protective of me ever since"

Hayley smiles. "Corrine is a hero"

Klaus smiles a little. "And I thought Elijah was the family patriarch"

"Corinne loves you, Klaus", Hayley says to him.

"I know that, and I love her", Klaus says to her. "And besides, I like Cori taking charge"

Hayley smiles at him.

~*~*~

St. Louis Cathedral

{Corrine's Outfit} Freya and I are sitting at a table

{Corrine's Outfit} Freya and I are sitting at a table. She had created a Memory Recollection Spell.

"How is it gonna work?", I asked her, confusingly.

"In order for the spell to work, Klaus needs to be asleep, in his nightmare, and you need to breach his mind", Freya says.

"Okay", I say to her. "How am I gonna breach his nightmare while he's asleep?"

"I'll help you", Elijah says.

I turn around to him. "Elijah, what are you doing here?"

"You need some assistance with my brother's nightmare", Elijah says to me.

I smile a little. Elijah nods with a small smile.

~*~*~

Mikaelson Compound