Aftermath

Mikaelson Compound

{Corrine's Outfit} I walk to the balcony railing to see Klaus leaning on the railing

"Klaus?", I say, walking to the balcony railing. "You wanna talk?"

He looks at me. "About?"

"Anything", I say to him.

"How about a drink at Rousseau's?", Klaus asks me.

I smile a little. He gives me a small smile.

~*~*~

Rousseau's

Klaus and I are sitting at the bar counter, sipping glasses of bourbon.

"I didn't think that I could be happy", Klaus says to me. "I use to think that love was a vampire's weakness"

"You're not weak, Klaus", I tell him. He looks at me. "You never were"

He holds my hands. "I'm a happy man. I'm happy because you make me happy. You and Charlotte"

I smile at him and kiss his cheek. "I'm happy that you're happy"

Klaus and I smile at each other as we hold each other's hands, gazing at our wedding rings.

"How about a walk in Jackson Square, maybe, it can ease your mind a little?", I asks him.

Klaus smiles at me.

~*~*~

Jackson Square

Minutes after, Klaus and I are sitting on the bench while Charlotte and Freya are listening to a jazz band as their dancing.

"I think Charlotte inherited some of your dancing skills", Klaus says to me.

"Shut up", I say to him in a playful tone.

He slightly chuckles as he manages to see Henry Benoit, walking to Charlotte and Freya.

"Isn't that Charlotte's buddy?", Klaus asks me.

I follow his gaze at Henry, who's talking to Freya and Charlotte. "Yep"

"Mommy...Daddy", Charlotte says, walking to us with Henry. "Can Henry and I hang out?"

"Yeah, sure", I say to her with a smile.

Charlotte and Henry smile at each other as they walk away.

"Behave", I say.

Charlotte and Henry looks at me. "Okay"

"I was referring to your father", I say to Charlotte with a playful smile.

Charlotte playful smiles. She and Henry walks away. I look at Klaus, who gives me a really look.

"What?", I say to him with a playful smile. "I know how you are with teenage boys"

Klaus chuckles. And so do I.

Henry and Charlotte are sitting on a bench, eating ice cream cups with plastic spoons.

"Your Dad doesn't quite like me, huh?", Henry asks Charlotte.

"Well, he does a little", Charlotte says. "He's just being protective"

"Yeah. Dad's are always protective", Henry says. "I understand, Charlotte"

"Yeah. Me too", Charlotte says. "Buddies?"

"Buddies", Henry says.

Henry and Charlotte fist bump and smiles.

~*~*~

I'm still sitting on the bench with Klaus as my phone rings. I pull out my phone from my jacket pocket and look at it.

Sheriff Forbes (Mom)

I gaze at it as I smile.

"Answer it", Klaus says to me.

I put my phone on speaker and answer it. "Hi, Mom"

"Hi, sweetie. How are you?", my Mom says to me on the phone.

"I'm good. How are you? Are you okay? How's Caroline and the others?", I asks her.

"Cori, sweetie, I'm good. Caroline is okay. The others are fine as well. How's Charlotte?", she asks me.

"She's fine. Energetic. Playful, goofy, silly", I says to her.

"She's silly, playful, goofy", my Mom says to me. "Just like you, Cori"

I smile. "I know, Mom"

"Hello, Miss. Forbes. How's the weather in Mystic Falls?", Klaus asks her.

"Hello to you, Klaus", Miss. Forbes says.

"Tell Charlotte I'll talk to her later", Miss. Forbes says.

"You can tell her yourself, Mom", I say to her as Charlotte walks to us.

"Hi, grandma", Charlotte says.

"Hi, Charlotte. How are you?", Miss. Forbes asks her.

"I'm good. How's auntie Caroline?", Charlotte asks her grandmother.

"She's good", Miss. Forbes says. "Keep our of trouble, okay?"

"I will", Charlotte says. "Love you grandma"

"Love you too, sweetie", Miss. Forbes says.

Charlotte walks back to Henry and sits down with him as they continue to eat their ice cream cups.

"Well, I have to go. I love you, Corrine", my Mom tells me.

"I love you, too, Mom", I tell her as we hang up.

"Miss. Forbes is lovely", Klaus says to me.

I look at him. "Yeah, she is, Klaus"

Klaus and I smile at each other. We look at Henry and Charlotte as they smile and eat their ice cream cups. Klaus and I listen to the jazz band.

Klaus and I, along with the help from the Mikaelson's, have fought many fights and defeated many enemies. And we've won. We need some peace and quiet.

Who am I? I'm Corrine Forbes-Mikaleson. Wife to Klaus Mikaleson. And mother of Charlotte Mikaleson.

Always&Forever.

Any vote and comment?

BLISSFUL HEART is the 4th and final installment in the Corrine Forbes trilogy. Thank you for reading. And thank you for supporting "Klorinne" relationship.

TheKindredMikaelson