[20.] Keepers Of The House

Rousseau's

{Christy's Outfit} Charlotte and I are sitting at a table

{Christy's Outfit} Charlotte and I are sitting at a table. Declan had cooked Charlotte some food.

As Charlotte is munching on her food, she looks at me. "Mommy? Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm okay", I say to her with a smile.

She gives me a really look. "Mommy?"

I hold her hand on the table. "I'm okay, Char"

"Okay", she says to me with a small smile.

Poppy walks in the bar. "Corrine"

"Poppy", I say to her.

"Klaus knows you and Charlotte are here", Poppy says to me, pulling up a chair and sitting at the table with us.

"Hi, Poppy", Charlotte says.

"Hi, Charlotte", Poppy says with a smile.

My phone rings in my jacket pocket. Pulling it out, I look at it.

Klaus

I look at Poppy and Charlotte as I get up and walk to the bar counter. I answer it.

"Hello, Klaus", I say to him in a calm tone.

"Why are you back here in the French Quarter?", Klaus asks me.

"Because I miss my husband", I tell him.

"You're not a very good liar, Cori", Klaus says to me. "And I miss you too"

"Klaus, why can't you just let me help you. We're married. We're a team?", I say to him.

"You know why", Klaus says to me.

"Oh my gosh, Niklaus", Corinne tells him, trying to keep from shouting. "You're a unbelievable pain in my ass"

Klaus chuckles a little. "Perhaps. I'm a husband. Protecting his wife and daughter"

"And I'm a wife. Simply asking my husband can I assist him. Besides, I'm a vamp-wolf"

"We'll talk later", Klaus says and he hangs up.

I put my phone back in my jacket pocket and look at Poppy and Charlotte.

"Poppy, can you remain here with Charlotte?", I asks her.

"Of course", Poppy says.

Then, I vamp-sped out.

~*~*~

Mikaelson Compound

I walk into my and Klaus's room to see him. He and I look at each other as I speed him to a wall with my hand around his throat.