[19.] No Quarter

That night. Corrine is asleep in the room that Klaus is sharing with her. He kisses her cheek and walks out. He walks into Charlotte's room, which is a few inches away from Corrine's room.

"Daddy", Charlotte says tiredly. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, your uncle Elijah suggested that I came here with you and your mother", Klaus says to her.

"Oh, okay, where's Mommy?", Charlotte asks him.

"She's asleep", Klaus says. "You should be as well"

"I'm not sleepy yet", Charlotte says. "Can I stay up?"

"Hmm. I don't know", Klaus says.

"Pretty please", Charlotte says, playfully sticking out her bottom lip.

Klaus playfully chuckles and Charlotte does too. She sits up and hugs him. He hugs her back.

"Love you, Daddy", Charlotte tells him.

"Love you too sweetheart", Klaus tells him.

Charlotte kisses his cheek and lays back down, tucking herself in her bed.

"Goodnight, Daddy", Charlotte says to him, holding her plush teddy bear.

"Goodnight, sweetheart", Klaus says with a smile.

He kisses her forehead and gets up, walking to the light switch, turning it off.

Klaus looks at Charlotte as she slowly falls asleep. He smiles a little and walks away.

~*~*~

{Corrine's Outfit} I'm sitting on the sofa, fiddling with my heart necklace

"Our littlest vamp is asleep", Klaus says, sitting on the sofa. "She even tried your playful talk"

I playfully chuckle. "She did?"

"Yes, she did", Klaus says with a smile.

"Well, she does have my playfulness", I say to him.

"Don't let Charlotte's pretty face fool you, love", Klaus says. "There's a little bit of me in her as well"

"You wish", I say to him.

He looks at my flat shoes. He gently grabs them and puts them on his lap. He takes my flat shoes off, putting them on the carpet floor.

"Klaus, what are you doing?", I asks him, confusingly.

He looks at me with a smile as he starts to massage my feet. "Did we ever have our honeymoon?"

"I don't think so", I say to him, confusingly. "Why?"

"Nothing", he says, looking at me with a sly smile.

"Klaus", I say to him, figuring out what he's up to.

He stops massaging my feet and gets up. He reaches for my hand. "Dance with me"

I take his hand and he pulls me up to my feet. He wraps his arm around my waist and we hold hands as we start to slow-dance.

"Do you recall our first dance together?", Klaus asks me.

"Our first dance was at Mystic Falls", I say to him. "And yes, I still have the dress you have me as a gift"

He twirls me around and pulls me back to him. We smile at each as he dips me and pulls me back up. We playfully chuckle as we lean our foreheads on each other's.

I cup his face with my hands and we share a kiss. It's good to have to Klaus here with me and Charlotte. He's been through a lot. We've been through a lot.
To see him happy. It makes me happy.

~*~*~

Minutes later, Klaus and I are in my room. He gently pulls off his long sleeve shirt and my shirt. We kiss as he lifts me up in his arms with my legs going around his waist. He walks to the bed and lays me down on it as we embrace in a kiss.

~*~*~

Minutes after, Klaus and Corinne are laying in the bed, under the covers, shirtless. Klaus is laying behind her, soothing her hair. He kisses her shoulder and gently moves out of the bed.

~*~*~

{Corrine's Outfit} Later on that night, I walk to the doorway to Charlotte's room to see her still asleep, holding her plush teddy bear in her arms

I walk back to the living room and look around for Klaus. "Klaus?"... "Klaus?"

I look at the coffee table and see a letter with a small heart necklace laying on it. I walk to it and gently take them both in my hand. I sit down on the sofa.

Dear Corrine,
I'm sorry to leave you and our daughter. I had to return to the French Quarter to help our family. I couldn't live with myself, something was to happen to you. The moment I met you. I was intrigued. The moment we started dating. You made me laugh. You made me smile with your playfulness. I hope Charlotte would like the gift. I love you.
Always& Forever.
–Klaus

Looking at the letter, I put it back on the coffee table.

~*~*~

Minutes later, I had packed up my gym bag and travel canvas bag, along with Charlotte's backpack. I walk back to the living room and put the bags on the sofa.

~*~*~

Right now, I'm driving in my husband's car with Charlotte sitting in the passenger's seat, still holding her plush teddy bear. She and I both changed into some new clothes.

"Mommy? Where are we going?", Charlotte asks me.

"We're going home, sweetie", I say to her in a hard tone.

"You're going dark, are you Mommy?", she asks me in a concern tone.

"For a while", I say to her.

I didn't want Charlotte to worry about me. What's the phase. Even a good heart. Is drawn to the darkness.

Vote and comment.