[15.] Voodoo Child

{A/N: 🔝 That's the dress that Corrine is wearing while she's asleep.}

Later that night. Mikaelson Compound

Klaus had put Corrine's desiccated body atop of a another table. Elijah, Hayley, Freya, Marcel, and Vincent are in the study.

"It can't be happening", Hayley says. "Corrine's not dead"

Freya is sitting at the desk, with a pendant laying on a cloth circled in a blood.

"I've been reaching out", Freya replied, getting teary-eyed.

"Is Corrine in that pendant?", Klaus asked Freya, still glaring at his wife's desiccated body.

"Klaus, I don't know", Freya says.

"Try", Klaus says to her.

"Klaus, I did try", Freya says.

"Try again!", Klaus shouts, turning around to her.

"Klaus, enough!", Hayley shouts at him.

Klaus gets teary-eyed as he and Elijah exchange worried glances.

Freya quietly chants and stops, looking at Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, Marcel, and Vincent.

"It's like not she's not there", Freya says to them, starting to cry. "I think she's gone"

"No", Klaus says, refusing to believe that his wife is gone. "She's not gone"

"Niklaus", Elijah says.

"She's not gone!", Klaus yells, starting to cry. "She saved me from my nightmare"

Hayley looks at him, a tear trickle down her cheek.

Klaus's heart skipped a heart. He wanted to protect his wife from his enemies. Instead, Corinne was the hero.

"She can't be gone", Klaus says, teary-eyed. "She can't be"

They exchange sympathetic glances at each other.

"What is that?", Charlotte asks confusingly, walking into the study, wearing her pajamas.

Elijah, Marcel and Vincent hid Corrine's desiccated body behind them from Charlotte so, she wouldn't see it.

"Charlotte", Klaus says, walking to her, crouching down to her. "What are you doing up, sweetheart?"

"Where's Mommy?", Charlotte asked him.

Klaus hesitates as he figures out what to say. "She's asleep, she's exhausted from helping us with our tasks"

"Oh, okay", Charlotte says. "I'll go back to sleep then"

Klaus smiles a little as he kisses her forehead. He gets up to his feet and Charlotte walks away.