8

I wake up a little and I hear shuffling and then door opening and closing.

"She still sleeping?" I hear a whisper voice. Wait I know that voice. I start to fully wake up, I turn over to the see the girl that beautiful voice belongs too.

"Hey sleepyhead" she tells me as she sits on the side of my bed. As much as I love that I just woke up to her, I'm kick Alex's ass for not waking me up in advance. I'm literally a mess right now

"Hey baby" I tell her with my eyes half way open, and giving her my goofy smile. She chuckles and moves closer to me.

"You guys are so cute" Alex tells us as she walks to the bathroom. I pull Lucy down with me. She wraps her arms around me and she lays her head on my chest. We lay like that for awhile. So far? It's a great morning! And I'm not even a morning person. Eventually I have to get up, and go to the bathroom to do my daily routine. I come back out to Lucy on my bed chillin with a coffee cup in her hand.

"I got you coffee, flat white with almond milk." She tells me and hands me the cup of coffee. That's my favorite.

"You remembered, thank you" I tell her as I walk to her, I grab her face and I give her a kiss. She kisses back, we pull apart.

"No problem Love, want me to help you pack? So that you have more time for recovery?" She asks me nicely.

"That would be nice but you don't have too" I tell her as I start to fold my clothes. She walks over and helps me anyway. Alex comes back into the room.

"I want to properly introduce myself now that I look decent. I'm Alex, Hollands best friend" she says shaking Lucy's hand.

"Well I wouldn't go that far into saying bestfriend but-" Alex puts her finger on my lips

"Shh" she tells me causing me to playfully push her away. She is my best friend though, but she's part of the group of bestfriends.. despite the 22 I already have. Ash, Alex, Tobin, Christen, Mal and especially Becky. Including Carli, my closest friends. The youngest friend I have is Mal, she's like a little sister to me. I'll beat anyones ass if they hurt her.

"Ha it's a pleasure to meet you" Lucy smiles at Alex as they shake hands. This is like when my girlfriend meets my family. Then again I never brought girls home. I sip out of my coffee just admiring my girl meeting my best friend. I put the coffee on the nearest table. The hotel room door opens and in comes Ashlyn

"How the hell did you get in here?" I ask her curiously. Only Alex and I have a key card. Ashlyn holds up a key card while she sips out of her drink.

"I've been looking everywhere for that Ash!" Alex tells Ashlyn as she playfully hits her. I need new friends. I put my things away. I walk to Lucy.

"Wish you could come with me" I tell her and I wrap my arms around her waist. I feel her wrap hers around my neck. I lift my head up to face her.

"I'll see you soon my love" she tells me and kisses my forehead. Even though I've only known her for 3 days, I want her on my side everyday.

"That is so going on my story!" Ash speaks up and I look over at her, and see her typing something on her phone. Leave it to my friends to post about Lucy and I. I mean everyone knows already. I put my head back on the crook of her neck. I feel her chuckle, and the vibrations of her throat. Can I just marry her already!?

"Let's go love, so you can eat breakfast." She tells me, I nod but I keep her in my arms anyway.

"She's clingy" Ashlyn whispers to Lucy, making her chuckle. I'm not clingy, I just have a long time until I see Lucy again. I'm trying to appreciate her presence as much as I can. Plus I will only see her for one day when we head down to Florida. England plays against Japan. We play against Brazil. We pull apart, and we walk down stairs with the girls. Some of the team is down here.

"Look guys, it's Lucy and Holland!" Yells out Tobin, making everyone look at Lucy and I. I'm going to kick your butt Tobin Powell Heath. I shake my head, and I grab Lucy's hand, we walk away separately from them.

"So when we go to Florida, I won't see you much. I have to drive to Orlando and take care of my apartment bill and my agent has the signing scheduled for me. So much to do" I tell Lucy, and she listens to me. She squeezes my hand.

"We can facetime babe, even though it may not be the same. Besides you'll be in Lyon soon" she tells me putting her forehead against mine. After awhile of talking, we ended up getting into a conversation with my teammates. They seem to like Lucy. That makes me happy.  We invite her to breakfast and she tags along. We would usually eat what they have for us, but we decided a few of us to go out somewhere and eat. Lucy sits next to me at the cafe/bakery we're at. Tobin, Alex and Christen in front of us.

"Are you excited to sign with Lyon?" Christen asks me, grabbing everyone's attention. Only a few know I'm signing with Lyon.

"I am, I haven't played overseas in awhile. Since I played in Arsenal actually." I tell them as I cut my crepe.

"Isn't that when you broke your wrist?" Alex asks me before taking a bite from her .. whatever vegan thing she's eating.

"Yeah it sucked, and they got 2 new goalkeepers after that. Cutting me off the team even when I was at the end of it healing" I tell them. They nod and we start talking the game we'll have against Brazil. Lucy interacts with girls, and ugh I like this so much honestly. After we finish up our breakfaet we walk back to the hotel. Lucy and I holding hands. I'll be heading to recovery.

"I'll see you after" I tell Lucy, she nods and we kiss. I walked her to her room so I walk back to mine. I walk into my room, and I put on my training gear on. I pack my second pair of gloves, my tape and my hand towels. I grab my bag, and I walk out the door and head down to the lobby. Alex is already down here.

"Dude Twitter is blowing up about you and Lucy." Alex tells me looking on her phone. I'm not surprised, people really thought I was straight. Ever since Lucy and I hung out, our fans were shook. Mostly about me. I've only dated 2 girls and 3 guys, but people only known me around the time I dated guys. I should probably just tweet something.

Holland Reed : And y'all thought I was straight 😂

Ha fuel the fire. The team start to pile into the lobby, and we head to the bus. I sit in the middle of the bus, and I sit by the window. I put my headphones on. I feel someone take the seat next to me but I don't look their way.

If you want love, you gon' have to go through the pain
If you want love, you gon' have to learn how to change
If you want trust, you gon' have to give some away

I'm in my own world. Sometimes you get lost in your thoughts. I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I look to where the action came from, they say something to me but I can't hear them. I take my headphones off

"Sorry what?" I say to Christen. She looks at me with a concerned look.

"Are you okay?" She asks me worried. She puts her hand on my arm, that's resting on the arm rest.

"Yeah I'm fine, just in my head." I tell her. She nods understanding. She played last night and took a heavy fall, but she seems fine. She lays her head on my shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Emphasises on the You. She picks her head up from my shoulder.

"I miss my mom" she tells me with sadness in her voice. Her mom passed away early this year. Some of us stood by her side when it was going on. I wrap my around her and pull her in for a side hug. I'm not good at these things but I'm always there for someone for support even if I have nothing to say because in times like these. What really can you say? That they're in a better place? That they are watching over you? It's nice to hear that but sometimes.. it's just overrated in the moment.

"I love you Chris" I tell her, and I feel her take a deep breath. It seems like she's trying to hold tears back. A few seconds later

"I love you too Holly" she tells me finally responding. She looks up to me and gives me a small smile. I kiss her temple and we  just sit in silence to the training field. Once we get there, we pull apart and start to grab our stuff and head to the field. She grabs my hand, and we walk that way. I know our media people are taking pictures as we walk out but I'm sure people know that Christen and are just friends right?... Right?