31

"Our kiss is all over the uswnt fandom!" Alex comes over with her phone and shows me the picture. Comments like "we always knew" and "they're finally out!"

"Holly!" I hear behind me, and I already know who it is. I quickly move behind Alex, who stands her ground. I may be taller then Tobin but she can pack a punch if she wanted too. She's also not afraid to hold back, haven't you seen her during tough games? She's feisty. 

"She kissed me first!" I tell Tobin and Alex turns around glaring at me. I throw my hands up in defence.

"Holland? Can I talk to you?" I hear behind Tobin, and Christen comes closer. She looks nervous to say the least. I nod my head, and leave Alex to deal with Tobin. I quickly walk towards her and we head to the other side of the conference room. We walk out, and walk towards the balcony the hotel has.

"Thanks for saving me back there" I told her causing her to chuckle. We meet the rail of the balcony. You can see the park and the pool the hotel offers. Some of our teammates chilling and taking pictures or videos, having a picnic.

"I wouldn't worry about Tobin. She loves you, you know. She wouldn't hurt you, she's just mad." Christen reassures me.

"Good" I smile at her.

"Remember back when I was having a tough time with the trade, and you flew over even though you were sick. You helped me move, I begged you to just lay down and rest. You wouldn't budge. I can't remember a time you weren't there for me." She sadly smiles, I continue to look at her intently. "You said there wasn't anything you wouldn't do for me. I fell in love with you so much more then before in that moment. You taught me what love is.. even if you couldn't give it to me"  her voice cracked in the end, tears streaming down her cheeks. I cup her cheek, and I wipe the them away with my thumb. Her hand on top of mine.

"Chris-" she puts her finger on my lip, she shakes her head, squeezes her eyes shut as more tears stream down.

"I'm tired.. so tired.." she cries out. I remove my hands, and I bring her to my chest. I feel her shake, and my shirt becoming wet and warm.

Christens pov

I'm getting to comfortable in her arms, I push her away. I walk away from her as quickly as I can. I rush to my hotel room. I close the door behind me. I push myself against the door. Slide down to the ground. I need to pull myself together.

"Chris!" I hear her voice, she knocked twice. I hear shuffling in the room. Crap I forgot.

"Oh my god.. Chris, Are you okay?" Moe comes over to me and crunches down to eye level. I shake my head, she brings me into a hug. I tell her what happened, finally having the strength to get back up. We walk to the bed, and sit down.

"I wish I could under-"

"You wouldn't. You got to marry someone you loved, who loved you just as much or even more. You aren't mentally exhausted, trying to keep yourself together while she loves someone else. You aren't stepping back for them to be happy. You aren't the one, behind them as they hold hands with someone else... waiting for the moment you need to be by her side when the other girl fails to do so. No Moe.. that's not you.. how could you ever understand.. when the only person you could possibly ever love.. can never ever be yours.."

Holland POV

After I knocked on her door, to receive no answer. I sat against her door, hearing everything she told Moe. I didn't realize how much I've been hurting her. Lost in my thoughts, I didn't realize I was crying and that I wasn't alone.

"Holly.. " Alex breaks my thoughts, I look up to her. Concern across her face, she extends her arm. I grab it, and she helps me pull myself up. I don't have to say anything. We walk hand in hand to our room. She closes the door behind us.

"What's wrong?" She finally speaks up since she found me outside of Christen and Moes hotel room.

"I broke her unknowingly.. I wish I could love her as much as loves me.. I can't do anything about it Alex. I can't go into her room.. make her smile and wipe her tears away.. because I caused them in the first place." I ramble out, and she pulls me into a hug. I feel myself start shaking, and not being able to hold the tears back.

"Falling in love just happens Holland.. you don't get to choose who you love or who gets to love you back. Even if it was possible, what are your chances that person you want to love you.. will want you back."