18

"Push up D!" I tell my defenders. We're playing a game of scrimmage. Lucy's on the other side, which we made into a bet. If her team wins I have to take her out for ice cream. If I win, she owes me a coffee date. We're on a tie right now 1-1. Let's say this scrimmage was taken serious. I made sure to catch anything coming my way. Right now I'm just watching what's going on, on the otherside of the field. Shanice has the ball right now. She gets past Renard and scores on Lisa.

"Go Shanice!" I scream towards her. She sends me a thumbs up. Coach calls it in. I walk towards the girls that were gathered around, I take off my gloves.

"Gross" Nakita whisper yells to me and pinches her nose. I playfully hit her with the gloves. She cringes at the sweat. Coach tells us that tomorrow we'll be doing new drills, well most likely the outfield players. It's been a week for me here, and I'm adjusting. After coach explains, we call in the huddle and disperse. I hear someone run up to me, and they jump on me. I hold them so they don't fall.

"I owe you a coffee date" Lucy whispers in my ear. Making me giggle. She wraps her arms around my neck.

"Wait hold up babe, what the bloody hell is that smell?" She says sniffing around to tell where it's coming. I start laughing because I know it's me.

"It's Holland's gloves" Nakita says chuckling as she walks past us. I haven't cleaned my gloves in over a month. It use to be a habit but I got lazy on it. After we get into a talk about how I really need to work on my gloves hygiene. We head back to the apartments. Lucy goes to hers, and Sarah  and I walk to ours. I change into some Jean's and I put on my sisters old Jersey. She played in college. I was about to post a picture with it on, but I got a knock at my door. I walk over and I open it.

"Thought I'd come and pick you up" my girlfriend tells me and shows me her pearly whites.

"Thank you babe, I was about to take a picture. Want in on it?" I ask her. She nods and I stretch my hand out, Lucy wraps her arms would me and kisses my cheek while I take it. Showing my sisters Jersey. I start typing, and Lucy still has her arms around me. I post it on Instagram with the caption 'Give me long hugs, Always'  I bring my lanyard because it has my keys. I've come to annoy Sarah a lot but she loves me. We mess around but I know for sure if I don't bring my keys. She'll keep outside for the night. We walk to the living room

"Being me back coffee" Sarah tells me as she lays on the couch. I shake my head and she throws me a pillow, which I catch.

"Depends did you eat my chips?" I ask her, I had bought a bag and next day they were gone. She looks away smiling, she definitely did.

"I'll think about it" I tell her chuckling, I throw the pillow at her. Lucy grabs my hand to hold. We leave the apartment. We take Sarah's car. I'm getting a facetime call, I check the caller ID. My sister Adeline. I press the green button

"Hey Holly!" I my sister says from the other side of the screen. I can tell it's morning, sunlight reflecting from the curtains.

"Hey Audy what's up" I hear yelling coming from somewhere. I hear footsteps, and my sister isn't looking at the camera. She's looking ahead. I look at Lucy, and she's just as confused as me. I then see a familiar come to view of the camera

"Auntie Holly!" My nephew greets me. I haven't seen him in over a year. He's 11 and looks a lot like my sister.

"How are you Donny?" I ask him, his names Donavan. He lifts his wrist up, and there's a cast around it.

"What happened?" I ask him showing my concern. My sister comes back to view

"He jumped to punch a ball out, and he hit the crossbar." She tells me. Here's the thing Donny use to play a forward, but for some reason decided to try out being a goalkeeper. I haven't seen him play that role yet.