Four

Genesis first day of working as a maid was successful but left her quite exhausted.

She wiped the tables and dusted the artefacts that stood on the marble stands. She hadn't seen Ezra since they had breakfast. Maybe he was busy.

Despite being afraid of him, she missed him a lot. Of course that was crazy because she had only met him two days ago but she felt a pull towards him.

She couldn't sleep for an unknown reason. She wanted to explore the castle. After all, she didn't get a tour.

As she walked around the castle, she began to get curious.

Earlier in the morning when the king's official, Ian, had come to request the king, it shocked her. There were some unknown tresspassers in the land. Not rogues.

The thought triggered her.

What if it was them? What if they had finally found her? Did they keep track of her trail finally caught up to her?

Genesis was anxious. It scared her. She wanted to run away. Far far away until she eventually gave up and died.

As she walked down the halls, she couldn't ignore the light that was peeking through one of the mohagony doors. Something told her to go towards it. And so, she did.

She took a little peek, but couldn't see anything really. She pushed the door to get a closer look of what was inside.

She gasped when she saw the huge figure in front of her. His back turned away from her as the muscles rippled from what he was doing. He was painting on a canvas, but she could not make out the image. The sight made her blush in embarrassment.

She didn't want to invade his privacy.

'I should leave' she thought. She began to turn away.

"Don't leave Aingeal."

Genesis slowly turned around, looking up at the beautiful specimen.

"Come." He says softly.

She obeyed as she slowly walked up to him. His eyes observed her every move, never once looking away.

"Ezra." She whispers. His name rolled off her tongue gracefully which caused the king to grab her gently, pulling her to him.

He lifts her up to his height, placing his head in her neck. He began to inhale her sweet scent that smelled of sunflowers and caramel.

"Why are you awake?" He whispers in her hair. His deep voice made her body shiver in delight.

"I-I couldn't sleep." She replies once he puts her down. She hisses from the pain that came from her foot. Believe it or not, her feet were still sore from running in the forest.

Ezra noticed this and placed her on his chair. He kneeled slightly, taking her small feet in his hands. The contact made her gasp as her body tingled.

"W-What are you doing?" She whispers softly. He doesn't answer her as he begins to massage her feet.

She simply looked at him in shock. Why was a king massaging the feet of a peasant?

"Oh." She lets out softly as Ezra works his hands on her. The feeling felt tantalising as his silver eyes met her golden ones.

The atmosphere had shift and what seemed to be massaging feet meant something more.

His hands massaged her feet slowly, teasingly as he stared at her. The look in his eyes caused her body to shake slightly. His hands moved expertly as thumbs pressed upon the curve in her small feet.