Eighteen

Thank you all so much for the 5k! Really surprises me how far this book has come :')
..............

"You have to walk without slouching." Yolanda says, adjusting Genesis back.

Yolanda was a coordinator. She was assigned to help Genesis prepare for being a Lycaness.

"It's really hard to do." Genesis whispers, smiling slightly.

"Your making it hard dear." Beverly chuckles, holding her hand.

"Why is this even so important? Who is going to be at this little function?" She asks, adjusting her silver dress.

"This 'little' function? Will have the highest of people attending." Yolanda explains, now adjusting her legs.

"That's all?" Genesis snorts at how big of a deal they were making this ceremony to be.

"The immortal gods will be there, the king of alphas, vampires, witches and mythical creatures will be in attendance. Not to mention the moon goddess."

Genesis smile slowly fell.

"The moon goddess?" She asks, almost choking on her spit. "Why would she be coming? Doesn't she live in heaven?"

"Of somewhat." Beverly replies, smiling at her shocked expression.

"Just like you, the moon goddess favors Lycans because they were specifically hand picked by her. So because Ezra is the king, she would be the main guest of honor."

"Oh my God." Genesis whispers, holding her stomach.

"Besides, the whole reason for this ceremony is  for Ezra to proclaim you as his wife to everyone." Yolanda explains once more.

"What?!" Genesis asks, her voice raising. Ezra did not even propose to her. He had just ask her to be a Lycaness. Of course she knew that she would be his wife eventually, but he didn't even ask her.

She could have said no. She could have not been okay with any of this. Because she was a starkys, she couldn't reject her mate even if she had tried. They were bounded the moment they saw each other. But she could have not agreed to be his wife.

Genesis was not even sure how she felt about Ezra. She knew he cared about her a lot. He wanted to protect her always.

She knew she loved him, but she was not even sure if he felt the same way about her. She didn't want to feel rejected because he hadn't given the impression that he loved her just as equally.

"Genesis, you've spaced out for what feels like more than a minute." Cassandra says, making everyone chuckle. "Let me repeat what I said."

"At the end of the ceremony, heat or not, you will have to mate with Ezra. This is because he has to proclaim you to everyone that you are his and only his. Yes, there will be a lot of rituals to be done to help support this, but the mating has to take place." She explains.

Genesis was tongue tied.

"W-Why?" She asks.

"So that they are familiarized with the sounds of your bond being bounded together." Her brows scrunched together in confusion at her best friend.

"In other words, your moans."

Genesis didn't have the time to reply as her face turned beat red from embarrassment, making the ladies laugh.

.............

"This is where you put your dominance to the test. You have to get every species attention, respect and surrender. Something of which the king has no problem doing." Yolanda says, making Genesis glare at her.