Ten

"Is the vision good or bad?" Ezra asks, sitting down in his chair. He, Beverly, Cassandra and Genesis were all in the conference room after hearing that the Oracle had a vision.

Beverly was informed on what Genesis really was. She thought she was a werewolf just like the rest of them. She was just as alert as everyone, wanting to find out what this vision was about.

"I'm afraid to say that it is bad." Cassandra says seriously. Her tone made Genesis shiver. She didn't like the tension, it made her feel rather uneasy.

"What is it about Cassandra?" Genesis asks, her voice low. Her face was blank and her skin was pale. She wanted to just get this day over with and curl up in a ball and cry.

"Krysters." Cassandra proclaims.

"What are those?" Beverly voices the question of the other two in the room.

"Permission to elaborate my lord?" Cassandra asks respectfully. His eyes travel towards his tense mate, reaching for her hand. He holds her hand tightly making sure to caress it to calm her down.

"Permission granted." Ezra says, still looking at his mate.

"Krysters are possessed wolves with red eyes. To live, they feast upon blood that has power in it. For example, Alphas, Betas, Deltas, Oracles and even Lycans. But their favorite meal is a starkys. They are essential to the krysters because their blood offers them immense power. This lead to the many reasons as to why a large percentage of them are extinct." Cassandra explains. Genesis breathing begins to get heavy, blinking rapidly to hide her tears.

Ezra notices this and lifts her up, placing her on his lap. He begins to caress her arms slowly, making her visibly calm down. His touch brought pleasant shivers to her body, weakening her in every bone in her body.

Ezra nods at the Oracle to continue.

"There is only one true leader of all the krysters. His name is Hibicus. He is what keep all the species of the krysters alive. So with him being the source, if he is killed, then all krysters die as well." Cassandra runs her temple in exhaustion, the whole information draining her mentally.

"Is that their only weakness?" Beverly asks, reaching out her hand to comfort her.

"No." Cassandra smiles at her in gratefulness.

"Krysters thrive for power and shrivel when exposed to light. That's why whenever they find a starkys, they lock them up to block their powers. They would also drug them to weaken their powers because a starkys cannot handle the substances in alcohol. They can't tell if the creature is a starkys immediately, which is why they take samples of both their blood and saliva." She confirms.

Genesis stiffens in her mate's hold, fear beginning to creep up upon her like a wave.

"That's what they did to me when I was there." Genesis whispers. Tears begin to cloud her vision, making everyone in the room frown.

"Did they hurt you?" Ezra asks, his tone deadly. His eyes were dark, his arms curling in fist at the thought of anyone even touching his mate.

"N-No." Genesis reassured, seeing his discomfort. "They didn't know what I was for a long time. Until when they took my fork from my last meal and tested it. I knew that they would come for me next...to kill me. So, I escaped."

Ezra relaxes slightly, but his gaze was still clouded. He wanted to know everything about these creatures that threatened his mate's existence.

"Does anything threaten the lives of these creatures?" Ezra asks Cassandra, his accent thick in the air. It made Genesis shudder. His rough voice did wonders to her thoughts.