03 | Ane, the Personal Maid

☆☆☆ Chapter 3 ☆☆☆

Ane, the Personal Maid

There was a fire of annoyance with Daniel building up within me, and every day it just kept on getting stronger. Lying on the bed this dumb morning, I once again thought of slapping those perfect cheeks of his, as always (and not the kinky way).

"That's it, Teresa. It's awful. Now I have to be nice to Daniel and he doesn't even deserve it."

"And when did this order happen?" Teresa asked, sipping a bit of her hot peach tea by some corner of the bedroom.

"Yesterday. Didn't I talk to you 'bout it last night?"

"No."

"Oh well, I know I complained to someone last night then. Not sure to who though." Maybe it was a random maid, they all have the same outfit and I may have confused them with Teresa or something. Teresa's pretty plain after all, with a face that basically looks like anyone's in one way or another. Not much she can do 'bout it, no matter how much she may try. Thank goodness she has someone like me 'round her to distinguish her from anyone else.

... And Teresa was talking while I was thinkin' to myself. She looked a little pissed off. Was it something I said? I had no clue 'bout what she had said so far, but I still nodded to at least try to make it seem like I was. After a bit she narrowed her eyes, saying very slowly: "There you go again, ignoring me. What the heck is wrong with you? I was literally just talking about how you don't even seem to have a single ounce of kindness sometimes, and here I find you nodding off like a bobblehead. Do I even matter to you?"

"Uh huh, you're right. Totally, yeah." I responded casually, but then I suddenly understood what she had said and felt the words sink deep into me. "You matter to me, Teresa. You're my sister!" Anything to make her think so, in the very least.

"Yeah, yeah, sure," she scoffed, rolling her eyes. "I mean, I get that you try to replace some shit in your head with this self-centered facade of yours but don't forget that there are people around you that have feelings, just like you. Yes, we are all human. We all deal with things that sometimes are hard to understand, but the way you try to make sense of them is just simply not right. You hurt others with this behavior of yours as well as yourself. Just think about that."

I blinked slowly. "What?"

Just what type of nonsense is she talking 'bout?

A silence similar to the one I shared with Daniel creeped up on us, but thankfully it was interrupted by Teresa with a somewhat tired sigh. "Anyway, since you can't handle Daniel, why don't you talk to him about me becoming his personal maid?"

This time she drank a huge gulp of the blazing hot tea, taking it in like a champion, letting it burn her tongue and inner works of her mouth but not letting it shake her even a tiny bit. Geez, I know she could get hardcore 'bout things sometimes but she really has to calm down!

"I obviously can't. I know we moved here less than three weeks ago, if not three already, but don't you remember what he said the first day we came here? He wants me, not... you." Not that body or face. Not that plain sister of mine.

Teresa breathed in deep with a glare on me that could have easily pierced right through the innards I own if it were not for her puffed up cheeks (they made me giggle on the inside). Hopefully she didn't notice the curves I felt rising on the corners of my lips. "Ane, you── "

Almost as if placed there by some form of karma, a hard knock on the door, followed by Daniel's voice, made me jump. Teresa quickly brushed her hair with her fingers. Her eyes were locked on mine. "Ane, as my personal maid you should be beside me all~ of the time. Come and please your m-a-s-t-e-r," Daniel purred.