21 | The Campbell Kids

☆☆☆ Chapter 21 ☆☆☆

The Campbell Kids

By the time the sun switched its spotlight with that of the moon's, Daniel was knocked out cold on my bed. He really did follow through with his promise, sitting still and eventually cuddling with me 'til he could no longer stay awake. The show may have bored him to death, but he wasn't complaining at all 'cuz he enjoyed every second of being with me, period. Geez, a man like him even makes someone like me swoon over him, and that's something I haven't done in years. I can only wonder how his family is to be able to raise and grow with someone like Daniel Campbell.

Now that I was all on my own and no more episodes were airing for the night, I was finally motivated enough to get out of my bed and eventually out of my room for the sake of real food rather than my nearly endless stash of potato chips and bakery pastries. By this point in time, I was already more than just familiar with walking 'round Daniel's mini-palace, and knew the perfect shortcut to the staff cafeteria, which made it all the more easier for me to hurry for a bite of anything palatable. When I arrived there, I passed by my sister and her usual crew Honey and Sasha, whom were eating some sort of wholesome food as they greeted me. I think it was just a random type of soup with bread and salad on the side, but anything that's not junk food is good to my eyes and stomach right now. Yup, soup'll do for me.

On the line, there were many delicious soup options for dinner, but nothing grabbed my attention more than the potato chowder soup. There was even an option to add chicken and bacon pieces to it! Once I served myself with as much chowder soup as my bowl could take, I grabbed three pieces of whole wheat bread and began my search for an empty table... or at least, that's what I had in mind, but things quickly changed when I spotted my budding friend Grace, the one and only muscle maid that both menservants and maids admire. I sat with her in silence for far more than a handful of minutes wolfing down my meal, but such a thing didn't matter 'cuz she was busy herself with the first of five smoked turkey legs on her tray, besides the monstrous bowl of thick squash soup on its side.

Throughout the past few months of being with Daniel, I have finally found myself interacting with the other maids, so yes that's how I was able to befriend Grace but it solely happened 'cuz I pushed him to let me work with the other people at the residence whenever he didn't have something for me to do while I'm on the clock. With Grace, it was easy. I just had to let her laugh at whatever I said, because she would've done it anyway. She thought everything I said about my godly status was golden. And she was the only person besides me who actually understood the beauty and flavor of pineapple on pizza.

After chewing away the last bites of my bread, I finally greeted her, and she was just about to speak when my sister sat down on our table with Honey and Sasha.

When they sat with us I expected to be in an awkward situation 'cuz I had no clue 'bout how close the Teresa Trio was to Grace, but I had no reason to worry. We ended up having a great time chatting and getting to know each other. Somewhere along the way, I even found myself comfortable enough to announce the upcoming arrival of Daniel's family.

"O.M.G. Are you serious?!" Teresa exclaimed, banging the table with one of her fists. The tea that she'd brought with her almost spilled all over the table, but Honey stopped it from happening just in time. "Who? When? What? Where? Why? How?" She barely breathed, and her eyes were wide open.

"They're on vacation and comin' like a day or two from now. It's too soon, man, and I don't even know when they're gonna leave," I sighed.

In between her chews, Grace's face glowed as she said: "Good for them, but good luck to you. They're bound to make a ruckus── trust me, I know from first-hand experience. I sure am glad I won't be here, they're not the only ones on vacation."