48 | Tapes and Chills I

☆☆☆ Chapter 48 ☆☆☆

Tapes and Chills I

*Ane's Point of View (POV)*

"Oh, my sweet, sweet Ane," Daniel giggled to himself as he skipped his way ahead of me. One of his delicate hands stopped him from straying too far, however, 'cuz it was blissfully stuck to mine. It felt as if he were an excited puppy on a leash. Not like I minded── it was super cute. Typical of an angelic being. "Why would you say such a thing?"

"What? It's a no-brainer. I'm jealous of your damned spoiled self, havin' all the money in the world without havin' to lift a single goddamned finger, wastin' it on whatever you want without a care in the world. And yea, I would've used it all on tapes and regret it later 'cuz I can't help but wanna save up tons of it and still give in to things I like, but here you are, without ever having those thoughts, 'cuz of course, there's a never-ending pool of money comin' out of your ass since birth. You just can't understand what budgeting is, 'cuz you never needed to. So come on, who wouldn't say such a thing to you, my sweet, sweet spoiled-rotten Daniel?" I rambled with a smirk, shutting the door behind me.

As a response, Daniel rolled his emerald eyes at me with a smile that wasn't shy 'bout letting his tongue out. All it did was prove my point, though. "Ane, my sweet, sweet personal maid, isn't that what I hired you for?"

Okay, nevermind. I thought it proved my point, but if he thought he had me with that sudden cheekiness, it's over for him. "No, we both know that's not it," I replied, taking my time to close up our distance. "You hired me 'cuz you didn't have the guts to ask me out the way normal people do."

That reddened his cheeks, and shut him up real good.

I couldn't help but want to press a little harder, so with the hand that wasn't holding his, I rubbed the gentle face that was awkwardly growing a fair beard. "Don't worry, you still got me in the end, so congratulations, you won, my sweet, sweet hopeless romantic of a boyfriend. Or── oops, I'm still on your payroll. Should I be calling you Master Daniel? Which do you prefer?" I made sure to blink as if there was nothing on my mind except rainbows and unicorns. "Not like it really matters. We blurred the line between work and play, didn't we? It's all the same now."

Seeing him all quiet and shy made me want to tackle Daniel down to the bed behind his small figure with all of the playfully bitter kisses I could possibly give, but the thought quickly poofed itself out of existence once my brain realized the bed's frame and sheets weren't mine. The frame had an off-white velvet coating, and the sheets were, for the most part, white and brown with dashes of a pale yellow here and there. Definitely not mine.

We weren't in my room── we were in his. Tapes. Tapes everywhere. Tapes galore!

My eyes darted over to Daniel's state-of-the-art video player. Well, a damn good video-recorder, really. It was a model that had yet to come out to the public, able to record multiple TV shows at once and rewind tapes without having to wait an eternity, all without doing any funny business. And the best part? Daniel had a stack of tapes beside it of movies and TV shows, all of 'em anxiously waiting to be binge-watched by yours truly.

Yes, I know my room's basically our standard place to spend time in, but his own's clearly a hidden gem; it sorely lacks the attention that it deserves, and it's obviously 'cuz of the video-recorder. And his binge-worthy stack of gold. It's no wonder why I found myself by the other end of the room within the blink of an eye, running my fingers past each and every title of his stack, in total awe.

Hugs and kisses can wait.

"There's so many, it's almost criminal!" I huffed, shaking my head. I heard a muffled yelp come out of Daniel when my head happened to turn his way, immediately after some shuffling led to him stubbing his toe against what sounded to be a hollow side of his low bed frame. I held back a laugh as he bent over to rub his toe, but as I did so, I noticed a bit of cloth poke out from under his aggressor's velvet figure. Hot pink. Could be seen from a mile away. Mine. I must have dropped it somewhere 'round there sometime within the past couple of days, forgotten all about it in the heat of a moment. Not surprised 'cuz of all the action goin' on lately, but oh my god is it embarrassing to see with a clear state of mind!