08 | To Like or Not to Like?

☆☆☆ Chapter 8 ☆☆☆

To Like or Not to Like?

The cat's out of the bag.

Daniel and I fought, yadda yadda. But who cares? We're fine now, I think. Daniel's too passive to say anything anyway, and if there's no need to talk 'bout whatever happened then I don't have to say anything either. We are fine! Actually, we're far more than just fine! I didn't even have to say sorry 'bout me scratching his arms while I was busy being a feisty drunkard, after all── and by the way, after some time I actually did start to remember a few more things that had happened during that night. The one memory that stands out the most is the one of Daniel crying like a baby. Was he crying for me? Did I embarrass myself that much? Did he feel bad? Yes, all of the above! It was just so plainly written on his face, and I'm actually glad that he felt that way. It made me trust him more as an individual with moral standards, regardless of his reputation which he has shown to me he can follow to a certain extent (which is very much appreciated).

The fact that he openly expresses his attraction to me may spook me out at times but he can't help it, and neither can several other menservants I've noticed having a lingering eye on me 'round the mansion. I'm naturally attractive after all, just like Daniel, but with the perfect personality to accompany the beauty. Nobody can beat me on that. Nobody. Daniel can try, but I'm certain that he can't reach me.

Sure, he's a human that cries like an angel, but flash him with just a teensy bit of boob and out goes his angelic aura. Yes, he could be a little witty and a little smart, but honestly that's not enough to pique my interest. That's just surface bull. I gotta say he does catch me off guard with his occasional comments and compliments, which on the bright side let me know he pays attention to me when I talk or just breathe around him. The occasional praise or two don't hurt either, it just confirms that I'm as beautiful as I believe I am. Now that I think 'bout it he can be pretty... unique, too, personality-wise. He got me drunk to just figure out my feelings for him! How can a pervert's second intention to get me drunk be so innocent? It's so confusing.

He can also get annoying and clingy pretty easily, and I'm definitely not gonna be into that with a guy that gushes all over with the simple touch of a boob. Actually, maybe he's just desperate. Maybe he just never got his cherry popped, and anything tips him over because of that (and if he's got the looks, then why doesn't he get it on? at least I have my own reasons, but he doesn't── oh, wait, I'm the answer, haha! He's dedicated himself to me, hasn't he? Beautiful! How terribly sad, too... not! Hahahaha!).

Then what if that cherry of his is hypothetically popped? Would he be a 'normal' human being that was personally built by the one god above; a 'normal' human being that cries like an angel and is observant, with no desperate-pervert behavior? That doesn't sound too bad. It might even match my level of greatness, and I won't even complain if it actually does. If it's like that, he may not be that bad after all, eh? He could be a nice guy, all I gotta do is get to know him better.. and maybe trust him a little more.

Of course, that would have been under the instance that he wasn't a pervert and his cherry got popped! Haha!

So no, I can't possibly like him... at least not until he gets laid? Actually, what if he's already done it, and he's just a pervert to the core? I'm not kinky! I'm very sure of that... or am I? Uh, nevermind, I'd rather not think about it.

What does he even do for a living, anyway? Does he go to college? Does he have a job? Does he do anything at all aside from burning his family's money like there's no tomorrow, infinitely? Does he just bitch, moan and hire maids? Is he just a rich, unemployed bum? Oh well, at least he has it all. Must be nice.

Wait, hold up── did I just spend my entire afternoon on the bed like a bum, thinking about Daniel like a boy-crazy middle schooler?!

Gross... !

And when I thought my day off was already wasted, three knocks on the door with the standard half-second intervals in between made me want to crawl six feet under. Well, speak of the Devil (or sex god)!

"Ane! I'm lonely, I want your attention!" Daniel whined from outside my room, on my one day off.

My god, he's so goddamn needy!

"Coming!" I responded, slipping my feet into a lovely pair of sandals.

As I opened the door and greeted the dog with some mild form of disdain, I wondered to myself why I answered his call today, if I didn't have to── maybe 'cuz he's fun or interesting to be around? 'Cuz he's a one-man (dog) circus?