Ego's Trap

About:A Completed Stand-Alone Novel

About:
A Completed Stand-Alone Novel.

Started offline on May ~23-27, 2019. Finished offline on September 30, 2021. Latest edits posted and finalized on December 19, 2021.

Blurb / Synopsis:
Bribed by her stubborn and terribly conceited self, Imani Ane agrees to be the personal maid of a creep whose family's a little too perfect.

To the undeniably humble Ane, all's generally fine as she struts about the wealthy Campbell's residence and tends to its needy, frustratingly beautiful twig of a Master, but such mercy's bound to not last long── romance is in the air with little to no patience, and so are the demons hiding in plain sight, always ready to pounce on any soul that disturbs them, even if they're Ane's own.

Prepare yourselves for a crazy, unforgettable mash-up of humor, psycho-thrill, and drama.

Achievements / Awards:
- Marianna Leal's Top Picks - Featured in the 2022 @W a t t p a d Community Curator List for Hispanic and Latin American Heritage Month.
- W a t t p a d Picks 2020 - Featured as a Hidden Gem from March to June by W a t t p a d HQ's @W a t t p a d Explorer.
- Featured on @NA 's "It's Always the Butler || Mystery + Thriller + Horror" reading list.
- Featured on @FreeThePOC 's "New Adult" reading list.
- Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered 's "Mega Mash Up" reading list.
- Featured on @CupidsBookClub 's Summer 2020 edition of their "Ludus" reading list.

Content Warning:
This story contains mature content, including but not limited to graphic depictions of violence, and self-harm themes, as significant elements of its plot. It involves abuse, bullying, and neglect. I do not promote nor encourage any of the aforementioned. My characters' actions, thoughts, and values are not reflective of my own. Reader discretion is advised.

Disclaimer | Copyright:
This book is a work of fiction. All names, characters, locations, and incidents are products of the author's imagination, or have been used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual persons living or dead, locales, or events is entirely coincidental.

Any and all recreations of this work by anyone other than the author is illegal. They do not allow translations.

© 2019-2021 Indigo Ivy Salamander / @indigosa All Rights Reserved

If you see my stories under a different name and/or outside of platforms I've explicitly noted I post in (W a t t p a d, L u t i o n a r y, and i n k i t t), they have been stolen. You may also be under a malware attack. Please find me on the accounts below.

Contact | Socials:
W a t t p a d → @indigosa
W e b s i t e → https://indigoivy.carrd.co/

Author's Note:
If you're reading this, thank you. I want to express to you how grateful I am. This is the retelling of a story I've had in my mind for years, and it's also the first carefully(?) composed novel that I have ever written. However, this is still a draft + English is my second language. If there are any typos, grammar issues, and/or if there's any constructive feedback that you would like to provide, feel free to comment about them throughout the novel, as well as your thoughts in general. I would love to hear from you!

This novel marks the beginning of my journey as a committed creator. I genuinely hope that you'll enjoy this novel of mine.

I dedicate it to my past self, who struggled with a lot of things and somehow managed to pave the way for the present me to try to sort them out. I also dedicate it to the teachers/professors in my school years that nurtured the desire within me to write, and to you, for giving my novel a chance. <3