11 | His Point of View II

☆☆☆ Chapter 11 ☆☆☆

His Point of View II

*Daniel's Point of View (POV)*

The empty darkness of the night and the sudden silence surrounding me immediately after the sisters stormed out of my bedroom made me feel a genuine feeling of restlessness.

I knew Ane and Teresa were up to no good considering how hostile they were before leaving. Believe me, I was tempted to follow them but was also confused on whether I should be interfering or not. Their argument was quite clearly over something way beyond me, even if on the surface it was all about me. It left me wondering about many things, and ultimately made me realize more than when Ane threatened me with a knife that I didn't know as much about Ane and her life as I had thought. It doesn't just make me curious, it concerns me.

For as much as I favor Ane and have watched over her, little did I know that she treated her sister so harshly, but then again this change probably occurred during the time I wasn't around.

In the past, when we were much younger, even though she was a bit stubborn and it took her a while, she admitted to being wrong about something and tried to improve on her faults. She was an eager, curious beauty and more than anything else she was honest, even though it did bite her back at times. Today, Ane still demonstrates the eagerness to approach anything in her own way, even though it could easily be in a negative light now. Yes, I understand that people change over time, but what Ane's become isn't an actual change. This is just her putting up a front, and her sister knows it as well.

I almost feel ashamed to admit that no matter what I still like her, but I'm not going to excuse it with her looks because that would just be shallow of me. To all who know me well, it is painfully clear that I fell for her long before she grew up into that body, and so, the reason why I still and will continue to like her is because of something far greater, far more fundamental than carnal desire, which is why I have to get Ane back into orbit and out of her trauma realm.

My eyes may linger to her chest or even to other individuals, but it does not change a single thing in my heart. I am here to support those I hold close to me── I am here to support Ane, for instance, just as she unknowingly did to me, even if I have to do it in an underhanded manner, or by directly approaching her about it, which is why a date doesn't even seem half bad.

With a date I can both observe and learn more about her in a manner that allows her to express herself rather than having me just be a creep in the background, while also enjoying my time with her.

The only issue would be if she would actually be willing to have one with me.

What if she hates me? What if she is disgusted by me? What if she tells me that she never wants to hang out with me again, considering the last time? I would not be surprised. I'm quite the character when I'm around her, and many times I have heard her talk trash about me.

Actually, after thinking of all of this briefly, why am I even hoping to go on a date with her if she's bound to say no?

☆☆☆

I'm going nuts.

It's been days now of me debating whether I should ask her out or not, and the fact that I stuttered every time she talked to me about the day I brought her to Roger's house only made it worse for some time. She noticed my stuttering after the first few times and approached me about it. It was evident that Ane thought I was doing that because of the guilt I felt about that night, but I did my best to let her know it was happening for a reason far more simpler than that. She didn't buy it.

She tried to force the reason out of my system many times by interrogating me, but I was and still am far too nervous and confused about what her response would be to actually say anything to her. At least it showed she cared, though, because she thought I was just beating myself up over that day and just lying to her that I was stuttering for another reason. She even went as far as cornering me when I was leaving my study room, telling me that she forgave me about what had happened that night, and apologized for lashing out at me when she was drunk, which left me a little speechless. I have to admit that what she did made me feel overjoyed, but it was still not enough for me to break out of my shell.

After a while Ane exhausted most of her efforts to make me talk and minimized her talks on anything about that night. It gave me the space I needed from the subject, but made no difference for my thoughts.

Will she dare to go out with me or not?