Thoughts and Thanks

At long last, this story is over. I did it. It's... over. Amazing.

This story has been here on Wattpad for years, since the day I started writing online. And it was completely rewritten, to the point where it became something new altogether. You've seen it grow and develop over time. I'm very grateful. Thank you for letting Ane and company share their lives with you for all that time!

In the journey of me trying to make sense of what I had written before, I found a story that was capable of standing on its own two legs, with characters that held their own free wills. Bonds and general connections that I didn't see before became crystal clear to me, and character growth and depth became a must. I have been emotionally moved by this story.

Beneath the surface, this story focused on navigating the rocky road of healing and change for the better; its life-long process. It's been an honor to share that + Imani Ane's central journey to discovery with you.

Oh, and yes, Imani Ane isn't perfect. No one in this book is. That's just the way I want it. Ane is not suddenly "cured" or "fixed" by the end; she makes her own decisions. She is who she is, and she is changing day by day. Sometimes she falls and has to pick herself up; she makes [terrible] mistakes, owns up to them over time, and will continue her journey to healing for the rest of her life. I am proud of her in more ways than one. But boy oh boy was she a hard character to write! (No matter how proud of her I am, I don't like her as a person. 🙊)

This is my first serious novel. I hope that it touched your heart as it did mine. Thank you once again for reading. 💛

◆⧪◆

Below are some questions for you, if you're willing to answer them.
I'm interested in what you think!
👀

- What's your favorite moment(s) in Ego's Trap ?

- Who's your favorite character(s)? How about the opposite?

- Did anything in the story surprise you? Concern you? Confuse you?

- Do you think something important in the story wasn't wrapped up by the end?

- How do you feel about the ending?

- How did you find my book?

- What was your first impression of this book vs. now?

- Do you think Daniel loved Ane?

If there's anything you'd like to say or talk about, feel free to share in the comments section. I would love to hear from you~

◆⧪◆

Want to read more of characters from Ego's Trap ? Check out the spin-off short story The Best of Friends , which features Daniel and Roger as teens! I'll provide the link in the comments section, right here →

---

Original Author's Note Date: ~December 19, 2021.

The last edit for this section was on June 29, 2022.

;)