CHAPTER TWO

I groan as I feel the bed start to shake

"Dustin..!" I groan, waving my hand in the air.

"It's time to get up! Mom registered you for school." He tells me.

I peel my eyes open to find Dustin jumping on my bed.

"Why.."

"Get up!" He yells, pulling my arm, trying to get me to sit up.

I shoo Dustin out before I get dressed into a red sweater and black jeans.

I grab a toothbrush from my bag, and a little bit of makeup; deciding that I was going to wear some since it was the first day of school.

I brush my teeth in the bathroom, along with my hair, and, apply the makeup in the mirror.

When I walk out to the kitchen Dustin is eating a bowl of cereal, next to him is an empty spot.

My aunt places a bowl on the table, next to Dustin.

"Here's yours." She says to me before wandering away. I start to eat my cereal before Dustin speaks,

"Did you know that there is this person that is beating me in Dig Dug!" He starts, with a mouthful of cereal. "Me and the boys are gonna find out who it is."

I nod my head, taking another bite.

"So, hows Elena and Jeremy?" Dustin asks after a moment.

I look over to the curly haired boy, "Their good, I guess." I tell him, shrugging.

"It's weird there, ya know." He says, nudging me with his elbow slightly.

"Where? Mystic Falls?" I ask.

He nods his head.

"What do you mean it's weird?"

"Well," he starts, "I heard that there's a lot of animal attacks, sometimes blood bags go missing from the hospital-who would want to steal blood?-, and there is so many deaths in that town." He shrugs, "It's just a weird town."

"You can say that again." I mumble, standing up from my seat.

I grab my empty bowl before reaching over and picking up Dustin's, putting them in the sink.

"Oh, um, Mom got you a backpack." Dustin says, handing me a black backpack.

"Thanks." I smile, slinging the bag over my shoulder.

"Bye Mom!" Dustin yells as we both start walking to the door.

"Bye Dusty!" She yells back from somewhere in the house.

I walk down the driveway as a bike speeds past me.

"See you later, Emmie!" Dustin shouts, waving to me as he races down the street.