CHAPTER SIXTEEN

I gasped loudly, sucking in as much air as possible

I gasped loudly, sucking in as much air as possible. I instantly sit up, my hands going down to rest on the floor so I could keep my balance.

My eyes were searching for anyone or anything familiar to remind me of what happened, and it worked. I'm supposed to be dead.

I was feeling drowsy and my vision was a bit of a blur but that soon got pushed to the back of my head when a smell overtook my senses. Blood.

I snapped my head around to face a deceased Bob Newby. There was blood everywhere and his face was blank. I knew what was going on. I didn't want to believe that this was my fate, but sadly, it was. I was a vampire. But who turned me?

I looked down at my blood stained clothes. I took in a shaky breath as I remembered the events that occurred only a few hours ago, though it felt like 45 minutes.

Slowly, I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath and standing on my feet. My legs almost gave out but I held myself up, all the while staring at the blood on Bob's torn body.

I tried my hardest to walk away from him but it was like the blood lust controlled me. One taste couldn't hurt, right?

My fangs bared as I lept over to Bob, my teeth sinking into his cold flesh. The blood was....delicious? It tased like heaven.

I tilted my head back, basking in the feeling and taste of the blood. I licked my lips, blood still pooling out of my mouth and down my chin.

"I'm sorry." I whispered to his body, standing up quickly after I realized what I had done. I gulped, quickly running away and out of the lab.

The November air was chilly on my legs, though I didn't really mind since I was sweating my ass off.

I breathed deep, spotting headlights glow in the distance. I quickly ran into the woods, not wanting to be seen by any of the people of this town.

Flashes of Stefan and Damon compelling me block my vision so I hurry deeper into the woods, hoping they would soon go away.

But, they don't, along with other flashes. A flash of Katherine peaks my interest. She fed me her blood and then compelled me to forget. I noticed the setting and realized where this was. It was earlier, after Billy had asked me if I wanted to go out with him. Holy shit. Billy.

In that moment I hear loud yells of kids and in that mix of kids yells I hear Dustin's. Immediately I start to sprint, the screams becoming closer and closer until I realize I could use vampire speed. I push off on my legs as hard as I can, the trees whoosh past me as I stop right infront of the door way of the Byers household.