CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

A/N: THANK YOU FOR 1K :,)

I was currently leaning against the exterior walls of the house. I let Max drive Billy's car but told her it was a one time thing. By now I was regretting the choice.

Just then, Billy sat up, his eyes wide and red. When he saw me he instantly stood up, stomping over to me, "What are you doing outside still, it's freezing. And why are you covered in blood?"

Wait, what the hell. Why wasn't he mad? "I-I can't come inside."

"Why?" He laughed, "Just come in." He tugged my arm, pulling me into the door, but of course the barrier stopped me, "What the.." He trailed. He kept tugging, trying to pull me through until finally I got myself out of his grasp. "Why the hell can't you get through?"

"I told you, I can't." I sighed, resting my head on the dirty wall.

Billy huffs, "Want me to at least bring you home?"

I purse my lips, looking to where his car used to be and then back to him, "Ummmmmm. You kinda can't."

"What do you mean I can't-" He cut himself off, stepping onto the porch to look at where his car once was, "What the-where the fuck is my car?"

"Max is kinda driving it..." I breathed.

"Max? Why is Max driving it? And why did you let her even touch my car?!" By now Billy was freaking out, pacing in the Byers living room.

"It's the least you could do for beating up their babysitter." I shrugged, looking off into the woods.

Billy had replied but I wasn't listening, it was probably just some quick remark that I didn't want to hear anyways.

"Hey! Are you even listening?" Billy asks, making me turn my head back to him where he stood in the middle of the Byers living room. Before I could reply his lips turn up in a smirk and his eyes lighten, "Did you know that it's not Halloween anymore?"

My eyebrows furrow, "Uhm, yes?"

"Then why are you still in a costume? It's November now." Billy asks, and even though he was smirking I could tell he was generally confused as to why there was blood all over me.

I groan, shaking my head, "It's not a costume, Billy. How about you just be quiet and we can wait for the rest of them to get back in peace."

Billy's smirk drops and he sighs, plopping down on the wooden floor.

There was a few moments of silence between us before Billy speaks again, "Emmie."

"What." I say in a sharp tone, pissed about the fact that I can't have peace and quiet for TWO seconds.

"I'm sorry about the diner and shit. And i'm sorry I made you walk home by yourself, that was a dick move. It's just, I never really went on dates before, like real dates. I've never asked a girl out for real and I guess I've also never been ditched-especially after the girl gets a weird ass phone call." He chuckles, looking me in the eyes, "What i'm trying to say is-well, I like you. A lot. And-and I don't know what it is about you that just-" He stops when we both hear a loud howl come from somewhere far away.

My heart starts to instantly beat faster at the thought of Dustin and the kids out there with Steve, running through those tunnels.

"While i'm over here telling all my secrets I might aswell get this one out." Billy sighs, "Do you-do you remember that day I had those bruises on my face?"

"Yes..." I trail, pushing my knees up to my chest.

"That wasn't from me getting in a fight," He says, staring at the ground with an almost ashamed look, "It was from my dad."

"What?" I whisper, noticing as Billy takes a deep breath.

"Um, he-when he doesn't get what he wants or something doesn't go his way he gets mad, really mad." Billy says, his eyes glazing over.

"Sounds like my sister." I chuckle, trying to lighten the mood but it just seems to make it worse, "Sorry. Wrong time. But, Billy that's fucked up."

"I know," He sighs, "I know it is. But there's nothing I can do about it. He just makes me so scared."

"Billy," I say quietly, inching closer to the doorway even though I still couldn't get through, "If you need anything, i'm here for you, okay?"

Billy sniffles, wiping the back of his hand across his eyes before nodding.

"Good, now come over here so I can give you a hug." I grin.

Billy smiles, standing up and walking onto the porch before I stand up myself, embracing him in a tight hug.