CHAPTER TEN

The ride to school consisted of blaring music, blaring heat, and speeding but I was to lost in my thoughts to really take notice

"So, we still need to find out what that project was about." Billy breaks the silence between us.

"Huh? Oh, yeah." I nod, snapping out of my thoughts.

"What're you thinking about?" Billy asks me with a soft nudge of his elbow.

"Nothing much." I shrug, turning to him.

He raises his eyebrows knowingly, "Nothing much?"

"Yep."

"Wanna know what i'm thinking about?" He asks, turning the music down as we arrive at the school.

"Sure, why not." I agree.

We roll into a parking space, "What would your reaction be if I did this." He leans close to me, his breath fanning my face, but, instead of kissing me like I thought he would he reaches his arm over me and unlocks the car door, pushing it open.

He pulls his head away, a innocent smile spread across his face.

"Asshole." I mutter, slapping his arm playfully.

"Ouch." He says sarcastically as I grab my bag and we both get out of the car.

"I hate how everyone stares." I confess as I look at all the teens that are watching Billy and I walk down the hall.

"I love it." Billy whispers.

"Of course you do." I laugh.

I leave Billy's side and go to my locker, putting my stuff away and grabbing everything for first period with Steve.

|

I push the doors open, the cool air making me shiver.

I rub my arms with my hands, walking quickly in the direction of my house.

"Emmie! You okay?" Billy asks, but his eyes were trained on something in the distance.

"Yeah, i'm fine. Just cold," I tell him, walking up to him, "What you lookin' at?"

I follow his gaze to Max and Lucas who seemed to be arguing.

"Stop spying on the poor kids." I joke, laughing lightly.

Billy takes off his jacket, placing it on my shoulders, "I'm not spying, I just want to see what these two are fighting about. Just-just listen!"

"Yes!" Lucas exclaims.

"Because i'm a girl?" Max argues.

"What? No!" Lucas says.

"Did you keep secrets from El?" Max asks.