CHAPTER NINETEEN

A/N: HOLY CRAP THANKS SM FOR 2K!

I slowly awakened, blinking the sleep out of my eyes. I was still nasty and dirty from yesterday, I didn't take a shower because as soon as I felt the soft cushion of my mattress, I fell right to sleep.

My face was covered with my blanket but I could still see a bit of the sun shining down from underneath.

I yawned, pulling the blanket off of my head for not even a second before letting out a screech of pain. I quickly ducked back under the blanket, letting my skin heal from the burn.

Holy shit, I forgot about the sun.

"Dustin!" I yelled, many times. But it was no use, he was probably fast asleep.

I sighed, silently pleading that my savior would burst through the door, but no one did.

It had been about 30 minutes and I was still stuck under the blanket, it was only then that I remembered I had a telephone in my room. But, who would I call? Obviously my aunt wasn't home because if she was she would be running through my door as soon as I let out that scream.

I quickly reached out, gritting my teeth when my flesh was burnt from the sun, but I had grabbed the whole phone.

I quickly dialed in a number before putting it to my ear, on the third ring, a voice picked up.

"Hello?" A sweet voice said.

"Hi," I smiled into the phone, "I'm looking for Billy?"

"Oh, yes. Give me one second." I could hear shuffling and loud music on the other end.

"Billy!" The woman shouted, no answer.

"Billy!" The woman shouted again, "There's someone on the phone for you!"

The music stopped and there was a bit more shuffling before the familiar voice appeared, "Hello."

"Hi, uh- Billy." I stuttered. When I was met with silence I spoke again, "I need your help."

"With what?" He asks impatiently.

"I can't explain it on the phone just-can you please come to my house?" I say quickly.

"I guess I could, be there in 10." He answers.

"Thank you! No need to knock by the way just go right to my room."

|

It was dead silent, the only sound was my deep breaths from under the blanket, that is until I heard my door fly open and the heavy sound of boots against the wooden floor.

My door was swung open soon after and I barley peeked my head out to show I was here.

"What the hell are you doing?" Billy chuckles, walking over to my bed.

"Hiding." I reply, "Can you close my blinds please."

"From what? Is this what you wanted me too help you with, closing your blinds?" He asks, going to my window and closing them tight so no sun could come through.

I let out a breath of relief, shoving the blanket off of myself to reveal my disheveled look. Sweaty, stinky, and dirty.

"Jesus, Em. Why didn't you take a shower?" Billy groans.

"Hush," I say with a roll of my eyes, "I'll take one right now."

I stand up, about to go over to my closet when I feel bile start to climb up my throat. I launch myself forward, running into the bathroom and spilling my brains into the toilet.

Billy was next to me in a instant, rubbing my back, "Are you like pregnant or something?" He laughs.

"No, i'm not pregnant. It's impossible for v-" I stop, "It's impossible."

"Well, maybe you're just sick?" He shrugs.

"I think i'm hungry." I realize, "You should go."

"What? No. I'm not going to leave you here by yourself in this state." He shakes his head furiously.

"I'll be fine." I was going to add that Dustin was here but I had remembered he went to visit Will at the Byers household.

"No, i'm staying. Let me get you something to eat." He puts his arm around my shoulder for support as I walk back to my dark room, as I glance in my mirror I noticed that my face was already loosing some of its color.

Billy lays me down in bed before going off to the kitchen. I thought it was sweet of him to think of me and be there for me.

While I was thinking about that my mind wandered to Elena, I haven't talked to her since the day after I thought she had passed and thought I should call her.

I picked up the phone off my nightstand, quickly dialing her number in before waiting for her to pick up.

"Hello?" She asked, "Who's this?"

"Lena, it's Em." I spoke, taking a deep breath.

"Emmie! Are you still mad? It was a horrible thing to do but-"

"Elena, i'm not mad." I laughed quietly, "Actually, I need to tell you something important."

"Important? Okay, what is it?" She asks.

"I-I turned. I'm a vampire." I said slowly, sounding like a crazy person as I did.

"You WHAT?" She yelled, "You turned? When? Are you a ripper or can you control it? Have you fed on anyone? Please tell me you're feeding!" Her words jumbled together as she spoke, barely leaving time for me to answer.

"Lena, Lena! I'm fine. But, I miss you. I want to see you. I want to go through this with you. And-and Elena, i'm hungry. I am so hungry and my friend is here and he won't leave and-"

"Shh, it's okay little sister. I'm coming, okay? We're all coming. Bonnie will make you a daylight ring and Caroline and I will teach you the tricks. The four of us could all have sleepovers and it will all feel the same, okay? Everything will be okay. Just, don't eat your friend because that's mean." While she says all this I calm down entirely, taking deep breaths.

"Okay, I love you Lena." I smile, sniffling.

"Love you too, Em."