CHAPTER THIRTEEN

I wake up on the kitchen floor, my throat bruised, like someone had choked me

"What the hell?" I huff out, picking myself up off the floor.

I wander to the bathroom, trying to think of what happened before. But, my mind just went blank. The last thing I remember doing was reading on the couch, afterwards just comes up blurry.

I reach the bathroom, looking at my throat in the mirror. It was a ugly brown and purple color, and you could clearly see the persons finger prints.

"Shit." I curse, tracing over the bruise with my fingers.

I sigh, putting my hand on the sink.

I close the door to the bathroom, locking it. I slip off my clothes and hop into the shower, relaxing in the warmth.

|

It was now 3:00 and I was getting out of the shower, wrapping a towel around myself.

I look at the bruise one more time before shaking my head, walking to my room and flipping through my closet for an outfit.

I end up going with a pastel pink sweater, tights, and high waisted denim shorts.

It was now 3:30 and I was satisfied.

I brushed my teeth and hair, straightening it in my mirror when someone knocks on my door.

I smile, grabbing Billy's jacket off my bed and heading to the door.

"Hi," I smile, handing Billy his jacket.

"Hey, you look-" He pauses, "What the fuck is that?"

"What?" I ask, then realization pops into my head. My bruise.

"That, on your neck. I know for a fact that isn't a huge ass hickey." Billy steps in, making me take a step back.

My hand goes up to my neck, "This? Oh, I have no clue."

He gives me a look, as if saying "Yeah, sure."

"Honestly! I don't know where it came from, but it hurts like a bitch." I laugh, rubbing it gently.

But, Billy doesn't laugh. He shakes his head, "Whatever. Let's just go."

"Yeah-yeah, okay." I nod, following Billy to his car.

The car ride was pretty much silent until Billy spoke up, "There's this place that re-opened recently, it's called Benny's. I've heard that they have pretty nice burgers and shit so I was gonna take you there."

I nod, "That seems nice."

"Good, cause we're here." Billy takes the keys out of his car, stepping out.

I follow his lead, walking next to him as we enter the small diner.

It was clear that the waitress had put on a fake smile as she brought us to are table, handing us menu's before leaving.