CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Joyce suddenly stands up, walking into the hallway with Bob at her heels

She starts to argue with the guards as Bob try's to stop her, but I wasn't paying much attention.

Will started to zone out, staring blankly ahead of him.

"Will." Mike says, trying to grab his attention.

I join in, "Will? Will?"

Mike and I were now almost yelling his name, tapping him, when he quickly shot up, turning too us.

"What's wrong? Are you hurting again?" Mike asks, concerned.

"Uh-I saw something." Will says, moving around in his hospital bed.

"In your now-memories?" Mike asks.

"Your what now?" I ask, confused as ever.

They both ignore me as Will leans in, "The Shadow Monster. I think I know how to stop him."

|

I begged Hopper to let me go down to watch the soldiers with him and Dr. Owens and he reluctantly agreed, making me promise to stay with him at all times.

We were watching from a glass window, the soldiers were wearing huge suits, guns in hand. They were entering a large hole, that I could barely see since Hopper made me stay far away from the window.

I was leaning against the wall of the doorway, arms crossed, watching the yellow dots on the scanner that was across from me.

|

I was staring at me feet, not focused on anything that was going on until I heard loud yelling from the soldiers.

I push off the wall, walking next to Hopper who was staring down at the machines.

Growling, screaming, and gunshots were heard through the speaker as the video camera was filled with static; everything silent.

"Holy shit." I murmur under my breath as I step away from the machines, my hand going over my mouth because of the horror that i just heard.

Low screeches could be heard from outside the window as everyone in the room took in what happened.

Hopper quickly walked over too the window, peering down at the rope that connected too the elevator.

I walked next too Hopper but he pushed me back a step just as a claw could be seen emerging from the hole.

The dog-looking creature slowly walked up to the window, putting two of its claws on the glass. Hopper leaned in, trying to get a better look, when it started pounding against the glass, shaking it roughly.

"It's-Its polycarbonate. It can't get through." Dr. Owens informed us, though he didn't sound to sure.

The un-earthly creature let out a howl, and dozens more of the dogs started to crawl up.