CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

I got out of Hoppers truck, throwing my backpack over my shoulder

I got out of Hoppers truck, throwing my backpack over my shoulder. Hopper wanted me to get Eleven ready for the school dance since he had absolutely no idea what he was doing.

I thought it was weird, I barely even knew El, but that didn't mean I didn't want to get to know her. I saw a small cabin come into view in the middle of the woods.

"This is it." Hopper says to me, knocking on the door.

The door unlocks and Hopper walks in, immediately going to the fridge and taking out a beer.

"This is Emmie, remember her?" Hopper asks the young girl.

She nods, glancing at me for not even a second before looking at the TV.

"Well she's here to get you ready for the dance." Hopper tells her, making her head whip to me and a smile spread across her face.

I give her a small wave and she sprints up, grabbing my wrist and pulling me into the bathroom.

I laugh, setting my backpack down and taking out my makeup.

"You're really pretty, El. Are you sure you want makeup?" I ask, placing the makeup products down one by one.

"Mike." She sighs.

"Mike?" I ask with my eyebrows raised, "You want to wear makeup for Mike?"

She nods, watching closely as I take out the makeup.

I was about to speak when she points to my pink eyeshadow, "That one!"

I pick it up, "You want the pink one, alright."

I spent about a half an hour on her makeup before I did her hair and she looked gorgeous.

"You look great, El!" I smile, watching as she looked at herself in the mirror.

"What about the dress?" She asks, turning around to look at me.

"Well," I started, slowly taking something out of my bag, "Since i'm a vampire and all, I decided I would compel you a dress, just be honest if you don't like it."

I take out the dress fully, watching as Elevens eyes practically bulge out of her head. She takes the dress out of my hands, running into her room to try it on.

It was a blue dress that had pink polka-dots and a pink belt to match. The sleeves went halfway down her arms and I thought it would look amazing on her.

She comes out of her room, twirling.

"Wow, El. I think I did a pretty damn good job." I laugh, proud of the skills I didn't even know I had.

|

I didn't have much time because Steve would be here any minute now to pick Dustin and I up. Nancy had forced me too volunteer with her for the Snowball and we had too serve the punch.