CHAPTER FIVE

This morning I woke up with a pounding headache

That's a great way to start off the day.

I clutch the side of my head, groaning.

Making my way to the bathroom, I call out to My Aunt, who was in the kitchen.

"Hey, Aunty?"

"Yes?"

"Do we have Advil?"

|

There was a knock on the door.

I close my book, getting off the couch and opening the door, since no one else was here to get it.

"Billy?"

"Hey."

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"Can I-Can I talk to you?"

"I don't know if-"

"Please."

"Um, yeah-yeah. Come in." I open the door wider so Billy could come in.

I sit back down on the couch, Billy sitting next to me.

"So, what do you want?"

"I wanted to apologize." He says quietly.

I raise a eyebrow, "Billy Hargrove? Apologize?"

He rolls his eyes, "Yeah. About the other day, when I almost ran you over."

I repeat his actions, "Oh yeah, that day."

"Listen i'm sorry. I was being dumb."

"No shit."

"I was trying to scare Max!" He raises his voice a little.

"And that makes it okay?" I shout.

He's about to speak when the phone starts to ring.

I shake my head, standing up, and walking over to the phone, putting it to my ear.

"Emmie?" Stefan voice asks sadly.

"Stefan? What's wrong?" I ask, concern laced in my voice.

"I-um-"

"Stefan tell me what happened!" I shout, cutting Stefan off.

"It's Elena." He sighs.

"What's wrong with Elena?" I ask quickly, "Is she okay?"

"She's-she's dead, Emmie."

"I-I-what? No, no Stefan." Tears start to fall down my face.

"Rebekah drove her and Matt off the Wickery bridge, i'm so sorry." I can hear Stefan begin to cry on the other line.

"No Stefan No! Bonnie can do a spell! She can bring her back Stefan! She can bring her back!" I yell.

"Emmie..."

I begin to feel something climbing up my throat.

I drop the phone, running to the bathroom and puking my guts out in the toilet.

Billy's POV

Emmie begins to yell into the phone, before dropping it, and running into another room.

I stand up, walking to the phone and picking it up.

"Hello?" I ask into the phone.

"Who is this?" A male voice asks.

"I'm Billy. Who the hell are you?"

"Stefan." The guy tells me. "Listen, can you go check on Emmie? See if she's okay?"

"Sure,"

I place the phone on the receiver, just now realizing I should have asked the guy what happened.

Emmie's POV

I was still puking, holding the toilet seat to steady myself.

"Emmie?" Billy's voice called out.

His head peeks through the door.

"Hey, Hey, what happened?" He asks, sitting on the floor next to me.

I flush the toilet, before leaning against the wall, tears pouring out of my eyes.

He hesitantly wraps his arms around me, pulling me to his body.

"Shh, shh, it's okay, it's alright." He whispers, stroking my hair as my body begins to shake.

"She's gone. She's gone." I cry into his chest.

|

I sat on my bed, hugging my knees that were against my chest.

Billy was squeezing my hand, watching me as the tears fell down my face.

Billy lifts his wrist up, checking his watch as I wipe one of my tear stained cheeks.

"Shit." He says under his breath before standing up, grabbing his keys that he put on my nightstand. "I have to go pick up Max."

I nod my head, "Billy?"

He stops in front of my door, turning to look at me over his shoulder, "Yes?"

"Thank you...for comforting me."

Billy only gives me a small smile, walking out the door.

I get under the covers, pulling the blanket up to my chest and drifting to sleep.

|

I wake up to my phone ringing.

The sun was shining through my curtains so I guess I slept the whole day yesterday.

I pick up the phone, sniffling.

"Hello?" My voice was raspy and hoarse.

"Emmie. It's Matt."

"Matt? Oh my god. Are you okay? I'm so, so, sorry."

"No, no. It's okay, it's not your fault."

"I-I'm coming to Mystic Falls right now. I'll get the first plane."

"No. Stay in Hawkins, Em. It's for the best."

"For the best? Are you insane! She's my twin Matt. I am not-"

"Emmie listen. You can't come back, I know she's your sister and she's my best friend. But trust me, okay? Just stay with your aunt and cousin, they'll help you get through this."

I inhale a breath. "Oka-Okay fine. But if you guys ever need me I'll fly right over. I love you Matt."

"Love you too, Em."

Matt's POV

I put the phone down, turning to Damon.

"I hate lying to her." I tell him, sighing.

"Yeah, I do too." He responds. "But we cant tell her, got it? This is what Elena wanted, plus, it's for the best."

"That's what your all saying. It's for the best. But is it? Lying to her about her sister being dead, when she's a vampire, making her think she lost her twin. Is it really for the best Damon?" I say, beginning to grow frustrated.

A/N:
Sorry it's short