CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

I woke up when I heard the familiar sound of a blue camaro

"Wake up, sleepy head." I hear Dustin whisper, shaking me lightly.

My eyes fully open to see Dustin shaking my leg, glancing a little over my head then back to me.

I look up to see Billy, his eyes closed and his face still red with blood.

"Emmie?" Steve asks, his eyes glossing over as he looks at me, his head tilted like a confused puppy.

"Steve!" I smile, quickly scrambling off of Billy's side and running into an open-armed Steve.

"How are you-what happened-what are you doing-" Steve tried to say, stumbling over his words and cutting himself off several times.

"I came back." I smiled, pulling away from Steve and motioning for the kids to join us in a group hug.

"Well isn't that special." Billy says, pushing himself off the ground and stretching out his muscles.

The kids looked to Billy with fear, though I already knew he wasn't going to do anything, especially after what Max had done.

"Come on Maxine." Billy says, jumping over the porch steps and walking over to his camaro, "I've got to bring you home."

"No, Billy. Not yet." Max tells him, her voice stern and cold.

"What?" Billy says, his eyebrows raised.

"She said she's not leaving yet." Steve argues, his hand resting on his waist.

Billy gives him a look, and if looks could kill Steve would be dead by now.

"Um, don't worry about it Billy, I'll bring her home soon." I pipe up, trying to stop whatever fight is bound to happen.

Billy's eyes meet mine, they linger there for a second before he grunts, getting into his car and quickly driving off.

We all watch him drive off until Steve speaks up, "How are you here right now, Em? Hopper said that those-those things got you."

I sigh, sitting down on one of the porch steps, "If I tell you this, promise not to tell anyone?"

They all said some type of 'yes' and I sighed once again, looking down at the ground, "I'm a-I'm a vampire."

Steve and Max bursted out laughing while Lucas, Mike, and Dustin looked at me with wide eyes.

"You are!? How! Tell me how!" Dustin shouted, running over to my side along with the two other 13 year old boys.

"You have to have vampire blood-" I started, but quickly got cut off.

"Come on, don't tell lies to the kids," Steve laughed, "You know how gullible they are."

"Shut up Steve." Dustin snaps, rolling his eyes.

"No, it's fine." I smirk, "I can just show him if he doesn't believe me."