chapter 33

"Nice to meet you, Jamie." I say, shaking his hand. I'm in awe at how perfect this boy is. Especially his eyes.

He turns away and I breath a sigh of relief as the attention is taken away from us. Although I can feel all their eyes burning on me waiting for my reaction.

"Come on, Jame, lets get you to bed." I hear Eva say pulling him away to another room. The conversation starts flowing around me but I can't focus on what anybody is saying as my head is spinning. I just met my son. My son.

"Holy shit." I breath, "I need a minute."

I walk towards the open balcony door which is to the right of me. I slip out and watch over the busy streets of New York thinking about Jamie. I instantly feel like I've known him my whole life even if we'd said a a measly ten words to each other. All because I'd stared into his beautiful blue eyes.

"Hey man." I jump at the sudden voice from behind me. It's Tom.

"Hey." I give him a small smile and then look back at the city.

"I know it's a lot to deal with." He says.

"Yeh, no shit." I laugh sarcastically.

"And, I don't know what Sally's going to do now, now you're here. But what ever she does you've got to respect that."

"What do you mean?" I ask, furrowing my brows.

"Well, whether she'll tell Jamie you're his dad." He answers bluntly.

"Okay, I get that." I say, tilting my head back. "Oh my god, this is so fucked up. I have a son, Tom."

"I know man, you'll get used to it." He says, patting me on the shoulder and walking away.

"That helps." I mutter under my breath, watching a yellow taxi pull up at the bottom of their building and I see a brunette girl getting into it. It takes me a second to realise that it's Sally and rush into the apartment to double check.

"Where's Sally gone?" I say as I see Tom and Eva huddled in the kitchen.

"She started crying and left. Harry, I don't think it's a good idea for you to go after her." Tom says, fixing himself a drink.

"No, I have to. Where has she gone?" I pace around watching Eva and Tom exchange worried looks.

"Harry..." Eva starts.

"No!" I shout, then out my hand over my mouth realising that I was getting too worked up. I sigh, "Look, I'm sorry. I just... I'm stressed."

"It's fine. If you're that desperate to go after her, go to Bethesda Fountain, that's where she likes to go when she's stressed." Tom sighed, "But, please, don't fuck her over again, Harry. I don't know what she'd do."

"Okay, thank you." I grab him into a quick hug before running out the door. I shout back, "See you later!"

I try hailing a taxi but they're all driving past. I'm starting to get pissed off. Finally a yellow cab pulls over and I get in, asking the driver to head to Bethesda Fountain. I sit on the backseat, twiddling my fingers, thinking about what I'm going to say. Shit. What am I going to say?

Before I know it I'm walking towards the fountain, seeing a brunette girl hugging her knees and crying softly into them.

I stand there debating what to say before she looks up and sees me. I watch as she uncurls herself and walks right over to me. She smiles before pulling me into a hug.

"I'm so sorry for not telling you Harry and I'm sorry that Jamie's only just met his dad after 6 years. I'm sorry that Tom had to move over here even though he loves London. And I'm sorry that--"

"Stop." I interrupt, "It's fine. Stop crying."

I reach up to her face, wiping away the tears that are still escaping from her eyes. I give her a reassuring smile to which she returns.

"I've missed that smile." She sighs, making me chuckle.

"And, I've missed you." I retort.

She throws me a look as if to say 'careful' but I can see she quickly throws it off as she edges closer to me, closing the gap between us. I feel my breathing go shorter as she pulls into kiss me, but I pull away as her lips brush mine.

"Sally, is this a good idea?" I whisper, she looks down before looking back at me again her beautiful eyes gazing into mine.

"I remember asking you the same thing on the reunion night. And yet, look what happened." She sighs, pulling away but I refuse, gently drawing her chin up to my lips so I can kiss her. She obliges, smiling against my lips as she wraps her arms around my neck. The kiss deepens and I taste her the strawberry from her lip balm.

I move away slightly, gasping for air, our foreheads pressed against each other.

"This can't happen." I say releasing myself from her touch, walking a couple of steps away.

"Harry you can't just kiss me then tell me that." She exclaims, throwing her arms around.

I sigh, "Sally you live in New York, I live in London. You have a son, a boyfriend, your brother and a fucking great job. I just film videos with the guys and go to parties all the time. I still don't know what I'm doing with my life. But, you, you have it all sorted out."

"But, Harry, I love you. I thought we were finally okay. I thought you would want to get to know Jamie, he's exactly like you." She cries.

"Sally, god, I'm sorry. I don't know why I came here. I was just instantly desperate to see him when I found out about it but I don't want to disappoint him being some worthless loser"

"Don't you love me?" She mumbles, so quietly I almost don't hear her.

"Of course. You just deserve a lot better than me." I grab her hands, reassuring her.

"Just spend a night with me. One night. Then you can go back to London and forget about us, Jamie won't be disappointed because it's what he's always had." I wince at the last sentence given the fact I would have been there for the boy if I'd have known about him.

"One night, Harry." She repeats softly. I nod, taking her hand in mine.

a/n sorry! it's been a while since i've updated. i just want to say thank you to people who are reading. it makes me very happy to see people liking it. i've never been too confident with writing so...

anyway, love to everyone <3

don't forget to comment or vote xxx