Chapter Seventeen: Silas

This morning was a mix of incredibly awkwardness and extremely awesome. So much for our regular routine. God, I hope that was as hot for her as it was for me.

She is in with the doctor now. I hate waiting out here for her. I want to know how I can help.

I flip through a cosmo magazine. It was either this or Home and Garden, so I may as well get sex advice for if I ever have sex again. This morning was either the nail of the coffin or did exactly what I hoped it did.

"Hey."

I look up and stand as soon as I see her. "Are you okay? How did it go?"

"He thought what happened this morning was funny."

"You told him?" I'm not mad. Just surprised.

"Well yeah, he is my therapist, of course, I told him about the 'remote' confusion." She gives me a cute wink.

"So, are we cool?"

"Yes!" She takes my arm, and we are elbow in elbow. "You have that meeting soon... can I stay with you here? Then we can go home after."

"You are more than welcome to hang out in my office. If you get bored, take an Uber home. Just text me with where you are if you leave." Wow, I just sounded like an asshole. "Sorry. I don't mean to sound so possessive, I just worry."

"I know, Silas. It's okay. If I leave, I'll let you know." We walk back to my office, and she goes to the couch. I work on my computer, going through the 75 emails that I have.

"Are these in order?" She points to her books.

"Yeah, they are." She pulls them all out, placing them on the table in front of her. She stares at the flyleaf reading the note she wrote to me. She did that in each of her books, leaving a little note just for me.

"Do you have a notebook I could use?" I hand her a new, empty notepad. She reads and takes notes on her books. Her notes seem to be wordier than the books themselves. It's nice working in the same space as her, just having her in my presence.

"I should be back in an hour. Two tops."

"Okay, see you later." She doesn't look up from her work, and all I want is to see that blue. Those blue eyes that I could drown in. I walk down to the boardroom. I look down at my phone, scrolling through the pictures. Ivory skin and curly blonde hair fill the screen. She is so beautiful to me. She takes my breath away. I love her so Goddamn much.

________________

Are you okay?

Yep, all good.  Still here.

How is your meeting going?

It will be over in a few.

What do you want to do
later?

It's sunny. We should do
something outside.

Mini golf?

Yeah, that sounds fun!

I can't wait to take you
out.

I should warn you my
husbands the jealous type.

Is he now? Do you think
I can take him?

I don't know. He is pretty
strong.

You are worth the ass-kicking.

That's so romantic. My
hero.

I'm still going to wipe the
floor with you at mini-golf.

Wanna bet?

No... I might suck.

I don't know if you are aware
but I lost my memories. So
who knows what my mini-golf skills are like.

I'm so sorry that happened
to you. Your husband must
be a pretty forgettable. ;)

My husband is a bigger
and better man than I
ever expected.

Bigger huh?

You're good btw. We go
mini-golfing somewhat
often.

I'm looking forward to
it. :)

Yes... bigger.

_______________

I come back, and she is in her last book. "How's it going?" She holds up a finger as she finishes the previous page.

"Great." She holds up the notebook. "I took a lot of notes on the characters and the stories. I'm getting lots of ideas for future books."

"That's amazing!" I'm happy for her that she has re-found her purpose. She brings so much joy to the children that read her stories.

"How was the meeting?"

"Fine. Long. Ready to go home?"

"Absolutely." She put the books away and takes the notepad with her as we leave. "I'm excited about our second date."

"Whoa whoa. Who said anything about a second date? I don't do second dates, remember?" I tease.

"Well, I did already get to second base, so maybe you can make an exception." I love that she's flirting with me. I guess the dirty talk this morning worked.