7 ☓ ugly grievers

I turned around to face Newt. He looked mad, he was glaring down the hallway that was the maze, looking past me like I wasn't there.

"What happened while I was out?" I finally asked, snapping Newt out of it.

He looked straight at me and sighed, "He's mad at you for trying to kill yourself,"

I laughed, "But I didn't-"

"You were barely breathing the whole time you were out, you almost died," Newt admitted, sighing once again.

I winced, "I'm fine,"

"Actually you're bleeding at your side," Newt muttered.

I was taken aback from his statement. I held my hip and sure enough I was bleeding out.

It's where the monster sliced me in the future.

"Well shuck," I muttered, wincing as I put pressure on it, "I'll go see Clint, and I'll meet you at the kitchens for breakfast?"

Newt nodded, "Good that," he chuckled turning around.

"And Newt?"

"Yeah?" he asked turning back around.

"What are the monsters in the maze called?"

His body stiffined, "How did you- No one told you- No one ever gave you the tour!"

"I heard people talking about them.." I lied as best I could.

Newt sighed for the third time, "We'll we call them Grievers, nasty things they are. I'll show you them after breakfast,"

I nodded and he limped away towards the Homestead.

Off to see Clint then.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

"How did you get this cut anyway?" Clint asked.

I winced as he wrapped my waist with gauze.

"I actually have no idea," that wasn't a complete lie.

He chuckled and clipped it, patting me on the back.

"I'm going to go get breakfast if you want to join me?" I smiled at him.

His face lit up, "Sure,"

A short chubby boy with a head full of chocolate curls then entered the room.

He was with Thomas and Teresa..

"Hey Chuck," Clint smiled up at the boy, "What do you need?"

"I got a few splinters," the boy responded quietly.

He glanced at me and immediately looked away again. Clint beckoned him to sit down and he did. Clint got out some tweezers and got to work on the boy's hand.

"You can go, I'll meet you there," Clint told me.

I laughed, "No I'll wait. Chuck do you want to come to breakfast with us?"

Chuck looked surprised, "I- Uhm- Well-"

"I'll take that as a yes," I laughed.

Chuck's chubby cheeks reddened.

"Everyone said you weren't much of a talker?" Chuck questioned.

Clint laughed still working on his hand, "She wasn't,"

"Yeah. I had- have, trust issues. But I'm working on it," I chuckled, running a hand through my hair.

Chuck looked at his hand, "We all done here?"