13 ☓ they're trapped

** omg srsly i love you guys so much, sad to say there is a 99% chance that i won't update again this week or next week (bc packing then school camp) SO PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH ME!!!!! **

It happened again. When Ellise got out of bed she collapsed on the floor, her eyes closed, her breathing slow. Thomas yelled out for help while Minho stared. He got out of bed and reached down to pick her up, but she opened her mouth and let out a glass shattering scream.

"Stop!" she cried thrashing her legs around, "How could you?!"

She screamed again just as Alby came into the room, Clint and Jeff following behind. Jeff and Clint picked her up and carried her as carefully as they could.

"Ava! No Minho! Please s-stop!" she screamed out again.

Minho's blood ran cold, who was Ava? Was she a relative?

"Let's go Minho, show me that shuck Griever." Alby sighed patting me on the back.

Thomas jumped up and walked out of the room, going to see his sister while Minho got up to go into the maze.

"She'll be alright Minho, I swear." Alby whispered calmly.

Half an hour later, Alby was ready to go. So Minho slung his backpack over his shoulders and together they ran into the maze. Minho following the maze walls, pulling out his knife, slicing a set of vines every few moments.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Inky black. The familiar endless darkness cascaded over me.

"Not again!" I shouted.

Then I heard a chuckle.

Welcome back.

That voice wasn't her own, it wasn't the same self-concious she once encountered. But the voice was oddly familiar. Ava Paige.

"Why am I here!?" I screamed angrily.

There is something I want you to see. Be able to see while unconscious so you don't do anything irrational.

"Don't you want me dead?!" I yelled pulling at the ends of my hair.

Ms. Paige didn't respond. Instead there was a click, just like when the three doors appeared. Light poured out from behind her, sp she turned around to be faced by a big monitor, two people were jogging around. In the maze.

"Who is that?" I asked more myself then Ava Paige.

Click. Click. Click. The angle changed, so I could see from the front, then it zoomed it and a few seconds later the angle changed back to the birds eye view.

"Minho and Alby.." my eyebrows creased in confusion, "Oh no."

They arrived at the Griever, that was supposedly dead. Something was off. The Griever was asleep at least, but it didn't move. But the same feeling as if something was wrong was the same if an animal could tell an earthquake was coming. I knew something was off, I didn't think it was off, I knew it something was wrong. Then the Griever sprung to life, it's eyes glowing a fluorescent red. Alby didn't seem to notice as he peered closer.

"Stop!" I screamed, hugging myself as my knees buckled.

Ava chuckled as the beast lept toward Alby, stinging him on the leg.

"How could you?!"

Then the beast crawled toward Minho's trembling body. He backed up, his lips parted as he let out uneven breaths of fright. His hand trembled as he held his knife.