15 ☓ the backstabbing

** thanks for all the votes & comments while i've been gone omg it makes me so happy :') **

"Hey there Teresa." I chuckled, moving a strand of hair behind my ear.

Teresa raised her eyebrows, "Ellise, didn't know you could be so.."

"Sexy?" Minho slide into the conversation, his voice was deeper, he sounded sleep deprived, he sounded hot.

Teresa laughed lightly shaking her head, "I was going to say wild."

"It's still sexy." Minho chuckled.

I heard his head hit the pillow and he let out a sigh. I rolled my eyes and helped Teresa up, guiding her out of his room, letting him sleep. I peaked into the Med-Jack's room to see Thomas snoring quietly, hugging his pillow like a teddy-bear. Teresa's eyes lit up and she let out a content sigh. I grinned at the side of her face laughing slightly. Teresa looked at me and blushed a deep red. It's not everyday people get caught checking out my brother. I turned around, grabbing Teresa's wrist and peering into the other room where Alby lay, his eyes closed but his fists were tightly clenched.

He'll start the Changing soon.

The Changing? What's that? Teresa asked, her eyebrows furrowed.

When you get stung..you get a shot and you go through a thing called the Changing which fixes you but also gives your awful memories.

Teresa winced, Don't you dare keep talking that sounds all so complicated and gross.

I chuckled and walked towards Newt's room, peering inside to see him not there.

"Weird." I muttered spinning on my heel, "Jeff! Clint! Hello?"

Teresa looked confused but I ignored her expressions and headed downstairs, my feet tapping as I jogged down the stairs.

Where is everyone? Teresa asked.

I have no idea.

I jogged outside, Teresa beside me. No one in the gardens, no one in the kitchens. I spun around looking at the hut where they held the Gatherings. I cocked my head to the side, signalling Teresa to come over here. Protests, agreements, accusations.

What is happening in there? Teresa muttered, her eyebrows furrowing as she looked at me.

I glanced at her and shrugged my shoulders turning my attention to the hut. Newt let out a fierce shout and the whole Glade fell silent once again. I stepped closer, pressing my ear against the cold wood.

"She knows too much," an unknown voice muttered, obviously close to where I had been standing, "She knows way too much and she won't share."

Who are they talking about? Teresa asked.

Me.

Teresa looked over at me with a bewildered look before focusing all her attention on the Gathering.

"Alby's out, the Greenie's out, Minho's caught up in her evil magic love spell or whatever the shuck she uses on 'em," a new voice responded, deeper and more sarcastic then before, "She's not good for us."

"I say get rid of 'er!" a voice I knew to well shouted, "She's done no good 'ere."

Gally.

Who?

I didn't respond, I continued to listen.

"How could you say that?" Chuck called out, "Gally, you and her were mates!" he accused.

"Her shuck brother is a problem too!" Gally ignored Chuck and continued, "They're a whole bunch of trouble! Even that stupid girl in a shucking coma!"

"The girl who was, stuck in a shucking coma!" Jeff's voice yelled angrily, "God only knows who's she's run off with!"

"Ellise." a whole load of Gladers chorused.

My eyes widened at all the accusations against me.

"She's a glitch in our system Newt!" Winston roared, I could picture him with clenched fists and his jaw tightened, "She's disobeyed more then one law in her few week stay!"

"Never harm a Glader? She attacked you with water!" Chuck laughed, his chubby cheeks probably popping out as he laughed, "And yes she went into the maze when she wasn't supposed to but she helped Minho, Thomas and Alby out of there alive! And yes she probably didn't do her part, but could you blame her? She was the only girl in the Glade and she didn't trust anyone except the Keeper of the Runners who was in the maze almost the whole shucking day!"

"But what about the Greenie-"

"Tommy or the girl?" Newt stepped in quickly.

"Thomas," I sensed Gally rolled his eyes, "He went into the maze without permission and he could of gotten all three of them killed. He hadn't done any of his part before then and he most likely thinks of himself as a shuck God for saving their shuck lives."

"And the girl in the coma was such a burden, we wasted our food and water and medical supplies on her even though she was the last greenie we'd ever get, and we didn't have any new supplies. We should of let her die but no, we listened to Ellise and kept her healthy!" Clint barked.

The hut broke out into shouts of agreements and disagreements and I had to make it stop at that point. I shot Teresa a look that told her to stay put. Her eyes shined of protest but she gave a quick nod, letting me jog around to the door of the Gathering hut. I kicked in the door, letting it fall to the ground, the rop that was used as hinges for the door snapped, the door falling flat down, making everyone's faces swivel around. I crossed my arms and kicked at the dirt eyeing everyone slowly. When I came face to face with Gally I full on glared, my eyes glazing over as I used any hate I had against him, trying not to cry out with hurt. I slowly and teasingly slowly walked down the gap inbetween all the bewildered and shocked boys. My eyes trailing from one boy to another, till I was at the back of the hut where all the Keepers were placed on their stools. Two stools were empty, Alby and Minho's. Newt was stood in front of his own chair, the one inbetween Minho's and Alby's. He lifted his head high and looked down at me sternly, but his eyes showed raw emotion. Begging my pressence to be a fake image, a mirage. I spun on my heel and held my head high as I scanned every boy's expression, a judging look masking my real emotions.

"I was not supposed to hear this was I?" I asked, raising my eyebrows up and down in a quick movement.

All eyes were on me, some mouths were agap but no one dared to respond.

"You slintheads think you can be daring and brave when talking about me behind my back, but you can't say it to my face? What a load of klunk," I smirked rolling my eyes, trying to act brave enough myself, "Why don't you just banish Teresa, Thomas and I? Hm? Why didn't you do that in the beginning if I was such a pest? Hm? Hm!" I yelled clenching my fists by my side, "Someone say something!"

Gally stood up from his stool, "Get the guards, take her to the Slammer, if she tries to resist use shuck force, find the coma girl, get her brother. Deal with Minho later."

My fists unclenched and swiftly dropped to my sides.

"What-" I whispered as my eyes widened.

"You thought I wouldn't? Think again shuckface." Gally growled.

Two firm and unfamiliar hands grabbed my arms and tightened them behind my back.

Ellise what do I do? Teresa panicked.

The maze, meet me at the maze. I ordered firmly.

I felt a sudden jolt in my system as the boys pulled me towards the outside. I felt Thomas' presence. He was awake.

Ellise?

...BANG...