16 ☓ unclosed doors

** keep commenting :') i like talking to people **

Tommy, Tommy! I called out urgently.

There was silence for a moment before he responded.

Wha..where are you? El? He asked, sleepily.

I'm being taken to the Slammer. Tommy help!

A few moments later after the two unknown guards threw me out of the Gathering and towards the Slammer, the Homesteads door swung open and out jogged Thomas urgently. When he saw the guards he began yelling, throwing all sorts of profanities at them. Teresa screamed from the closest wall. I turned to her fear washed over me. Thomas' head snapped towards Teresa in confusion.

Who..

Tommy get to her, go with Teresa. I ordered quietly.

I spun around and punched one of the guards in the throat, pivoting so my leg swooped under the others, kicking him off of his feet. They both groaned from their spots on the ground. I faced the doorway to the Gathering, every boy was either staring at me from inside or gaping me while they piled out, trying to see the whole commotion.

"Ellise lets go." Thomas demanded, grabbing a hold of my arm.

I gritted my teeth and seethed as the boys watched my dangerous attitude escalate quickly.

"Ellise lets fucking go!" Thomas yelled, pulling me away from the group.

My nostrils flared as Thomas yanked me away, I stumbled as I walked backwards, ending my death stare I spun around and together Thomas and I bolted towards Teresa who was leaning against a wall on the inside of the maze holding her ribs. I could hear the storming of every boy's feet as they ran after us.

"Ellise?!" I heard the familiar voice scream, "Ellise where are you? Newt?! Some slinthead tell me whats going on!" Minho yelled in frustration.

Thomas stopped running at the doors, shaking his head at me with a stern look. I turned and sighed before spinning around and dashing inside.

Will we be followed? Teresa asked as we all began to run.

Thomas responded instantly, even if they did, we won't run into them often. Only the Runners that are already in here will, no one else can come in.

Except Minho, I reminded him.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

"Can we- Can we stop?" Teresa coughed, wrapping her own arms around herself as she tried to breath.

I nodded and stood beside her, resting my head against the wall sighing. Thomas stopped mid-run, just standing there, breathing in and out with his arms crossed over his chest.

"Surprised we haven't seen any Grievers." I chuckled closing my eyes.

Thomas looked at me weirdly, "They only come out at night."

I opened my eyes and raised an eyebrow, "No, they always come out at night, they sometimes come out in the day. It's uncommon but not rare."

Thomas visibly gulped, snapping his head in the three directions we could go in.

"How long..how..ugh." Teresa groaned, wincing.

"Hours. We've been running in circles for hours," Thomas grunted, a frustrated look on his face then he glanced at his watch, "Shuck."

I cringed when he used Glader slang, it didn't suit him. I stood up, grabbing his wrist and staring down at the wristwatch Minho had given him.