1

A little authors note before you read:

First of all, this is my first fanfic! So I came up with the idea of going through the actual story as it is, and that is mainly what this story is. Throughout the chapters, it's going through what actually happened in the anime, but you're a new character and the entire thing is in your perspective as L's personal assistant. So you'll be with him behind the scenes, and see everything from L's side, instead of Light's. And of course, i'm keeping L in character, but throughout time he develops feelings for you but doesn't exactly understand how he feels. He will slowly start to become more vibrant in emotion throughout the chapters ^-^ I will be adding and changing things here and there because the story will be different now that you're here. But what exactly will be different? That's for you to find out <3 Enjoy!

A nervous feeling emitted from inside you as you read the letter
The job you had accepted... was this really what you applied for?
You, out of all people, were accepted as an assistant to the worlds most mysterious detective... L.
You looked at the letter sent to you from an unknown address.

"Hello, (Y/N).

We're happy to have your help. I would like to congratulate you for being capable of this job, nonetheless be accepted into it. For further instructions I will be sending a limousine to your house address that will be sending you to my location. Once you arrive and get through security, go to room ## and do not enter inside until you are instructed to do so. l'll be looking forward to our meeting.

-L"

It was sketchy, but you were desperate for a job. This wouldn't get in the way of your studies, being one of the most intelligent people in your university. That was probably why you were requested for the job.
Everything about this was secretive, and it creeped you out just a bit. But hey, what was there to lose anyways? No friends, and not much family.

You dressed in your best attire, and quietly waited for the car to arrive.

"Where are you headed to?" A unfriendly voice asked you from behind.
You turned and met eyes with your mother, a smoking cigarette hanging from her mouth.

Looking down, you replied quietly
"My new job..."

She walked up to you

"Look at me when i'm talking to you, brat!"

Your probably drunk mother slaps you across
the face, then puts out her burning cigarette out on the side of your cheek. The pain causes you to wince, but it wasn't anything you couldn't take.

She throws it to the ground and stumbles back inside, not saying another word.

A tear manages to escape your eye, but you quickly wipe it away at the sight of the limousine arriving outside your home.

To your surprise, what you assume to be a man steps out of the vehicle as you slowly approach it. His face was completely covered, making this job even sketchier than before. But... you were dealing with L after all..

Wait..

"Ah, you must be (Y/N). Please, take a seat. I'll be the one to take you to your destination."
He says after opening the passenger seat door and bowing ever so slightly.

After cautiously getting inside, you're overwhelmed by the sweet scent of sugar. Although you like it, you wouldn't expect that scent to exist in such a "fancy" car.

As soon as the car started to move, you had one question in mind.

"Are you-"
You attempted to ask but were soon interrupted by the driver