Chapter six

"Kill her."

"WHAT!" I screamed and thrashed against his back, scratching and biting, but nothing worked. I watched as they carried Aria to the fire.

Oh shit.

He wasn't listening. Oh goddess please, she is the only good thing I have in my life, please. Then it came to me.

I grabbed his ass and I could feel him tense, probably from surprise at my boldness, but I didn't have the chance to even check. I used the opportunity of his loosened hold to struggle out, and I ran to Aria.

He grabbed me before I made any real progress.

I could hear her scream. It was heart-wrenching, and hot helpless tears streamed down my face when I realized the precarious situation I was in.

"Please," I cried. "Don't do this. She is all I have, my only family."

"Well, now you have me and the rest of your pack, mate." He spat emphasizing the last word.

"I would die without her, please." Now I was sure snot was running down my nose, again why am I thinking such thoughts right at this moment? Who cares if I look like a mess?

He walked away, dragging me with him. I struggled and cried. He didn't budge.  My gosh, the moon goddess is such a bitch. I'm mated to a demon!

I watched as they beat her and clawed into her. She was going to die! It was as if I could feel her slip away with each blow administered. Then she smiled at me as a single tear slipped out of her eye. I was heartbroken. I looked up at the Alpha. I felt such hate. I would die before I let myself be with someone like that.

Then he stopped walking. "Stop! Take her to the doctors then lock her in a cage." Looking down at me, his head tilted to the side.

"Are you satisfied?" This son of a bitch.

"You bastard! You almost killed her!"

"Yeah, but she isn't dead, is she?" He shrugged.

"Son of a bitch! You are worthless and heartless, and you are the worst thing this world has seen. I pity everybody who ever knew you or was close to you! I don't know, but I am sure you are the reason for any form of tragedy they might have somehow faced. I pity your mother that she had to put up with a demon baby like you. You're disgusting and I will never accept you as my mate or Alpha." I spat at the ground in front of me.

My breaths came out in puffs, and for that moment he said nothing. Nobody said a word. The silence that fell hard upon us should have been impossible, yet it was. Then the moment passed.

He slapped me, hard, and I fell to the ground.

"The next time you say anything disrespectful, you're dead! And what the hell do you know about my mother? Don't think I wouldn't do it."

"Geez," I laughed, meeting his intense glare with one of mine. "That will be the happiest day of my life!"

He slapped me again. My head hit a sharp rock. The blow was lethal and blood trickled down my face as he raised it.

"Do I look like I am joking?"

I started laughing again. His face twisted in confusion, then it turned to anger, and his blue eyes blazed with fury.

"I love to see you try," I taunted, wiping the blood off my head to show him that there was no wound anymore. His eyes widened in shock for just a moment before he grabbed me and started walking again. I knew it was fruitless struggling, but I did it, anyway.

"Stop."

I didn't. He just kept walking, not saying anything. I cried because I just realized I had gone from frying pan to fire. Cursed, alone, and now mated to the most heartless man on the earth. Thanks a lot, Moon goddess, you're such a treasure.