Chapter Twenty-nine.

For a moment, I thought I had said something wrong because of the blank look Malik gave me.

"What? What is it?" I asked, cupping his cheek. His hands instinctively went to mine on his face.

Then suddenly his face went blank, he was mind linking someone. I frowned. "You see? I want to know what you're saying. How is it fair that only gets to read my thoughts?" I pouted.

He smiled. "I was telling everybody in this pack not to disturb us till morning."

Huh.

"Why would you say that?" I tilted my head. Completely oblivious.

"Because of this," his eyes got lighter and goosebumps appeared all over my skin as he placed his lips on mine. I shut my eyes and wrapped my hands around his neck. It was already dark out, so he picked me up and made his way into the pack house that I was always surprised was empty. Literally all the time.

He walked over to the sitting area and placed me on the couch. By then, he was already shirtless. I ran my palms all over his back and he growled into my mouth. He left my lips and traced kisses down my cheeks to my jawline. He reached his mark on my collarbone and dipped his teeth again. I clutched the end of the couch, biting my lip as I threw back my head to muffle the scream that threatened to spill out of my lips. The action was so daunting and sensational that I jerked up involuntarily, and since we were already on a very uneven platform, he lost his balance and fell to the ground, pulling me with him. I fell against his chest as I straddled his torso. We both burst out laughing. I laid my head on his chest and we breathed in sync. I could hear his heart thump. The sound reverberated through my entire skull. If not for the assurance that it was because of me, it was almost painful.

I purred in pleasure, rubbing my head and face against his hot, hard pecs like a feline. Being so close to him made me feel wanted, something I never knew. I lifted my head and placed a kiss on his chest so softly, but it was enough for him to snap. Before I knew what was happening, I was in his laps as he lifted himself up. His hands hiked up my shirt, unhooking my bra for the second time that day. He removed the straps from my shoulders and threw it across the room. Leaving me to swim in his enormous shirt.

"Shall we finish what we started earlier?" His brows went up, and he had the sexiest grin on his face.

"What you started when I said I wanted to become your Luna?" I teased. "I'm not really understanding the situation," I grinned.

"Oh? Let me expatiate." He picked me up and threw me over his shoulders yet again. I think that is his go-to move. But this time, I didn't struggle or grab his ass. I made myself busy with the tattoos on his back. He had tattoos on his lower back, and they formed a sleeve from his elbow down. But there was nothing on his chest and shoulders.

"If you don't stop that, I don't think we'll make it to our room."

I smiled and continued, using my both hands this time. He dropped me when we were halfway up the stairs to the second floor. I looked at him sheepishly. That was all it took to be pampered with all sorts of pleasurable tortures.

I didn't even realize when we made it into the room until he was already getting rid of more clothing.

It got all too real so damn fast. Did I want this? I guess. It feels too damn good to stop it. I am sure I am developing feelings for the hunky chunk of fine flesh on top of me but did I love him? I wasn't even officially his yet. Call me old school. But right now, I don't even have the willpower to stop this. How the hell is this supposed to work?

He gave me a boyish grin. "Don't worry, Iris, I'll be gentle."

I was going to roll my eyes, but I was too shocked to look away. I will not lie. This was pretty. I know, I know, I'm a badass witch and all. I've been alive for a long time, but yet when it came to this kind of stuff, I have always been so uninformed. You really can't blame me. I grew up around affection-hating women who were taught that love was a sign of weakness. Modern-day toxic feminity had nothing on the witches of the west.