Chapter thirteen

I returned to the camp training grounds where the injured wolves were with Abel. It was a taciturn walk. He wanted to speak, but I cut him short. We weren't friends, and I didn't let him forget he almost killed me a few days ago.

Immediately I was close I knew Malik sensed me because I sensed him too but I was still angry so I walked straight to the pack house and to the room on the second floor, the floor where we both stayed which was apparently where the she-wolf that was causing me so much pain was placed.

Malik opened his mouth to say something to me, but I stopped him and focused on the big belly bump that didn't house a baby anymore.

I looked at him, considering asking him to leave since I needed to take off her pants, but I decided against it. I would need someone to hold her down and besides, it's nothing he hasn't already seen.

I took off her pants, and his hands were immediately on mine. "What are you doing?"

"We are running on fumes as it is. I need to get in there, and this is the only way." I flick his hands away and pull the pants down, panties hmmm didn't think wolves still wore them. Well, Aria never does. She rips them anyway when she shifts. It doesn't matter. I try to take them off and again his hands are on mine, more roughly this time.

"I'll call someone else to help you, a girl." He stands up and I am so confused. Why is he acting all squeamish?

"And you can't do it? Why? It's not as if it's something you haven't seen before?"

His brows furrow and he opens his mouth to speak, but chooses not to by shutting his lips. He spoke, though. "I don't understand what you're implying, but we'll postpone this for another time." He turns around immediately.

"I'm just saying no need to pretend in front of me."

"What the hel-" a moan that came from the she-wolf interrupted him.

"We'll finish the conversation later." With that, he walked out of the room, and almost immediately, another wolf walked in.

"I'm Melissa, I'll help," I nodded.

"Okay, Melissa, I'm going to need you to hold her down because this is going to be very painful"

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath. Parting her legs, I pushed two fingers into the vaginal canal. Looking up at Melissa and at the moaning wolf. I sighed while trying to stretch the walls. It would be too risky to give her something to stretch out her cervix. What if that induced premature labor? Both mother and child would be dead. It was going to be very painful, but I promised her in my mind that I will heal her afterward. Pulling my fingers out, I stuck my hand down her vagina and into her womb. She screamed, and I got to give it to her. Melissa was very competent. I tried to feel for the baby and all I felt was this semi-liquid mass that kept wrapping around my fingers. Immediately I touched it took me back. Back to the beginning, where it all started back to the west.

"Luna!" I opened my eyes. "Heavens! You scared the shit out of me." I looked up at Melissa's face. Wait, I was on the ground? I got up. My hand was covered in blood, but it was black and the she-wolf had pulled a lot of energy from me, and it knocked her right out. At least that should stop the growth for now.

"Are you okay?" Melissa helped me, handing me wet wipes to wipe the gore off my hand.

"Stay with her. I'll be back," she nodded, and I walked out of the room to find Malik. It's just as I thought there is no baby anymore. The west took it.

************************************

I walked to find Malik. This is just as bad as I thought it may even be worse.

I walked up to his study, hoping I knew him enough to be there. I stood in front of the massive door and knocked. I don't know why I was shaking, gosh please let him not crumble in front of me. If he was emotional about another wolf's baby, I don't think I could take it.

"Come in, I can smell you out there," I heard him from inside, his voice commanding. I walked in after a moment of breathlessness. As I looked at him behind those massive tables looking absolutely at home. He looked majestic, that there was the ancient Alpha. 'What do you expect?' A small voice whispered to me.

"How is she? Is the pup okay?" he asked.

"No," I could feel his breathing hitch. "It won't be. I was right. There is no baby in the mother's womb. The witch must have taken it," I sighed. "There is nothing I can d-"

"You have to do anything," he was clutching my forearms in an instant, forcing me to look up at him, "please Iris, save the pup no matter what." How he appeared before me in a spilt second without my prior knowledge was not even enough to shake me up. Why? Because his desperate eyes did much more.

Before I knew what was happening, I started crying. His brows furrowed in confusion.

"Iris," I pushed him off me and ran out. I kept running until I was far away from the pack house. I knelt down and cried. Why the hell did this hurt so much? Ugh, I haven't even accepted him as my mate and I felt so betrayed. What the hell is wrong with me? He did nothing wrong. There was no rule that said he had to wait for me, besides we are both old, so how the hell is he supposed to have stayed celibate that long it wasn't fair for me to think this way. But yet I did. There was nothing I could do now. No matter what, I had to leave here. I finally know his weakness and I am going to exploit every single inch of it. I'm leaving here immediately. I am done with that pup.

"Iris?" His soft but baritone voice pulled me out of my intense session of self-pity, and when our eyes met, he stood up from the stairs in front of the mansion.

"There is a way to help her, but it's dangerous. I can do it, but I have one condition."

"Anything," he said instantly. Another shot at my innocent heart.

"Immediately I'm done., I am taking Aria, and we are out of here." At first, I thought I saw hurt in his eyes, but he masked it well.

"You know I can't do that," he replied.

"Well then, you might as well tell the she-wolf to say goodbye because that's not a baby she's carrying and I guess you don't really care about the pup that much," I shrugged. He glared at me, his stare so intense that I felt I would melt.

"Fine," he murmured. I smiled and nodded. I turned and walked back. The carved stone pavement, with the majestic statues of two great lycans supporting the heavy roof of the mansion, welcomed me. "But I also have my condition?"

I paused, rolled my eyes, and turned to him. "If you ever come back or can't even leave at all, you will submit to me in front of the entire pack. You'd agree to be my Luna. No fights or drama."

My eyebrows went up, and I smiled. "That's never going to happen."

"We'll see about that," he smiled. I shook my head and left. Who the hell did he think he was dealing with? I might not look like much, but as much as I hate the moon goddess, there is a lot to me that nobody knew.