Chapter seven

I was dying, literally. It was too much. He hadn't come back to the room for three days, maybe four. I was starving, gosh I hated him and hated the moon goddess even more. What did I ever do to deserve such pain? It was too much.

I looked around the room for the millionth time trying to find an escape route, the dreary blue paint was already peeling off and unfortunately, the room was made of bricks, you'd guess right if you'd guessed that I tried to punch the walls which I did, but it just resulted in a broken arm, that has now refused to heal properly because I was low on fuel.

The window, or rather hole in the wall, was less than appealing. My finger was the only thing that had seen or felt the sun since he locked me up in here.

This son of a bitch brought me to another dungeon, but just one, with a very comfortable bed.

That I still could not enjoy seeing as I was in terrible pain.

Then I could not stop thinking of Aria. She was hurt because of me. If we had just kept on track moving south, I would not have been in this situation. And I was scared if she healed properly, her body might have gotten used to an easy way out. Me.

The door opened and, as excited as I was, I was too weak to make any sudden movements. But I knew it was him because my wolf went crazy at the scent and his song was oddly comforting. Stupid mate bond.

He dropped a tray and pushed it to me.

"Eat."

"I would rather die," I spat.

His eyes became brighter and I could see the firelight in them.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Are you trying to kill yourself?"

"Wouldn't you be glad?"

"Why the hell would I be glad?"

"Well, considering the fact that you left me here hungry for three days, what am I supposed to think?"

"That was because of your attitude the last time I was here," he huffed.

I laughed.

"You are crazy."

He gritted his teeth. "Fine, now I'm here, eat."

"No!"

"What exactly do you want then?" he yelled.

"To get out of here with Aria and never see your stupid face again."

"That's impossible."

"Never say never."

He looked like he was going to say something, but kept quiet.

The bed sank where he sat and he pulled me to him, situating me on his lap as he sniffed my hair.

I was too weak to fight it. That was the only reason I let him touch me like this. Not because my body had never felt at home in someone's arms like this before. Not because his arms wrapped around me like that felt the best I had ever felt. Yes, I was just too hungry and too weak. "Iris" his voice was low, like a whisper. "Please eat."

"No!"

He grabbed my two hands; I flinched because of the pain from my earlier escapades. If he noticed, he certainly ignored me because with a swift movement I landed with my back to the bed and he was on top of me, caging my hips with his knees. He tied my hands above my head and sat down on my legs. I couldn't move. Where the hell did that rope come from?

He dragged the plate to himself and plugged my nose with two fingers. As I opened my mouth to get oxygen, he shoved a spoon of pudding into my mouth. Then he clammed my mouth shut with his other hand.